Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guyz

the problem is same

Actually whenever i am debuggin a program that include any include program, logical db or function module,,

than smthing else is displaying

i tried to leave that program using F6 key but its not working..

can anybody plz tell me the reason and solution for this

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rashmi,

You will have to F5, F6, F7 and F8 carefully.

F5 - Debugs and executes every statement of your code.

F6 - completes the execution of the current subroutine / function, without getting into it.

F7 - If you inside a sub routine / function, you want to get back to the place where you came from without continuing further, then use this.

F8 - Continue execution, without anymore debugging.

If you are calling any functions, GET statements of LDB, then standard programs will get executed, and I think that is what you are seeing.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful posts.

17 REPLIES 17

Former Member
0 Kudos

In debuugin mode by presing f5 you are debuugin step by step

and then going into incldes fm;s and so on. Press f6 before going into it it will make step with no going into it.. If you already are in that includ fm ore something press F7 to leave it and go to main program.

BR, Jacek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rashmi,

You will have to F5, F6, F7 and F8 carefully.

F5 - Debugs and executes every statement of your code.

F6 - completes the execution of the current subroutine / function, without getting into it.

F7 - If you inside a sub routine / function, you want to get back to the place where you came from without continuing further, then use this.

F8 - Continue execution, without anymore debugging.

If you are calling any functions, GET statements of LDB, then standard programs will get executed, and I think that is what you are seeing.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful posts.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your responses

actually the prgaram i m debuggin is having LDB as well as include program and from the startng itself m getting anotther code

Plz help me in solving the problem

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos

Rashmi,

In that case, I suggest you place break point in your program in SE38. Then at run time it will automatically stop at each of these break points by pressing F8. That way it will not debug the stadard programs at all. You can even hard code the BREAK POINT with BREAK-POINT statement.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark all the helpful answers in your threads.

abdul_hakim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI RASHMI,

Press f8 and escape...

Cheers,

Abdul Hakim

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you in some other module or include press F7 to come out to source module.

Regards,

Naimesh

0 Kudos

by pressing F7..coming out of debugging on selection screen

0 Kudos

Rashmi,

That happens when you press F7 while you are in the main program.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Rashmi,

Can you post your code here?

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Everybody

I am back

yesterday ther was sm problem with the system so left in between.. sorry for that

But problem is as it is

The program that am trying to debug is demo program thatz SAPBC405_LDBS_2

Plz solve the problem

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Rashmi,

This program does not exist in my 4.6C / 4.7 systems. Which version you are working on.

What kind of a program is this?

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

I am on training working on IDES (4.7 C)

THis program is from exercise of Unit 15

in 1st certication book

Thanks

Message was edited by: Rashmi Agrawal

0 Kudos

THanks guyz

atlast i got it

thanks for ur responses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rashmi

if u need further info u can go with these links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/b3/d322540c3beb4ba53795784eebb680/frameset.htm

Debugging Document.

http://www.cba.nau.edu/haney-j/CIS497/Assignments/Debugging.doc

i think u r problem is solved now

if so please award points and close the thread

if u have any further doubts let us know Rashmi

Regards

naveen

vinod_gunaware2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Activate the Debugger before executing your ABAP program

System -> Utilities -> Debug ABAP/4

The purpose of the debugger is to allow you to execute your program line by line. It also allow you display the data as you execute the program. (double click on the varaible field name and it will be display)

or after program have been executed,

Run transaction SM66 and find your work process.

Select the line of your work process and double click on it

Click the debugging option.

If this is a custom program, you can put a wait statement in the code to buy yourself some time.

-

1) To understand the Watchpoint, you have to play with it.

a) Debug your program.

b) Place your cursor on the field you want to watch

c) Press Shift+F8, or click the Create Watchpoint button

d) Select the LOCAL WATCHPOINT checkbox if you want the watchpoint to be active for the immediate program only (and not includes etc. By default, you want to leave this unchecked).

e) Drop down on the relational operator, and choose one. They are self-explanatory. (For this example, use '=')

f) Select the COMPARISON FIELD checkbox if you want to check the field against another field, else leave unchecked if you want to check your field against a static value.

g) Enter your comparison field (if you checked the previous box) or your check value in the last box. Once your selected field equals the selected value, the program will break as if a breakpoint was reached. It is possible that the program never breaks, meaning your watchpoint criteria was never satisfied (For example if you check Itab-Field = VALUEA, if Itab-field never have a value equal to VALUEA the program will NOT break.)

regards

vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

We use the following keys while debugging:

F5 - For step by step code execution.

F6 - For execution of the current subroutine/function module etc. without getting inside it.

F7 - If you find yourself stuck inside a subroutine/function module/loop press F7 to come out of it and continue with the next statement following the calling subroutine/function module/endloop statement.

F8 - Displays output by stopping debugging. Similar to Debugging off.

If you are getting stuck then you can put a break-point on the statement from where you want to debug. On execution, the debugger will directly come to your statement where you have set the breakpoint.

Regards,

Sangeeta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Follow this steps:

1. Goto SE38 & open the source code of SAPBC405_LDBS_2

Initial few lines of code must be as follow:

&----

*& Report SAPBC405_LDBS_2 *

&----

include bc405_ldbs_2top.

&----

*& Event GET SPFLI

&----

<b>get spfli.</b>

• Data output SPFLI

format color col_heading intensified off.

write: / sy-vline, spfli-carrid,

spfli-connid,

2. Set a break-point on the line marked bold above.

3. Press F8.

4. Press F8 Once again.

5. Now you will enter into debugging mode.

Actually if you enter into debugging directly without setting the break-point, because of LDB has its own

Selection screen, initially you will enter into that code which will lead you to the selection screen.

So after entering the selection parameters(or you may leave it blank), the actual code of report

SAPBC405_LDBS_2 starts.

I think you want to debug this code.

SAP automatically adds the code of selection screen, once you have opted to use LDB.

Hope this will help you.

• IF this helps to solve your problem,

Close this thread & mark points for it

Regards,

Vaibhav