cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Hierarchy Nodes as Text but Values as Key & Text

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a balance sheet report that is using a GL Account Hierarchy to display the output. I would like for the report to initially display the Hierarchy Nodes with just the text description but the Individual GL Accounts with both the Text & the Key.

I can accomplish this in BEX after the query is executed by right-clicking a node and navigating to G/L Account > Display As > Nodes > Name. The same process in the web takes more time/effort.

Is there a way to set up the query so initially the Hierarchy Nodes have only the Text but the Values below have Text & Key?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

I have to disappoint you, it is not possible to do this in a query. You have to use the view-capabilities to achieve this.

Maybe it will be possible in BW of SAP NW 2004s.

Greetings,

Daniel

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

I' meant a query view (by executing the query in the Query Designer). Then it's just the way you described in your first post (..."by right-clicking a node and navigating to G/L Account > Display As > Nodes > Name").

Greetings,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you say "use the view capabilities" do you mean we need to save a query view or workbook and have users access this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan

I have the exact same requirement and was wondering if you found a solution.

If anyone else has a solution please do tell

Regards

Mark