cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web template Bookmarks and variants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is my scenario.

I have built one generic web template. Users drilldown, filter, etc to get the view they want. Then they save as it as a bookmark. Works fine.

They also want to e-mail the bookmark (Distribute – By e-mail) to show up in their outlook everyday with just the current day’s data. However, it always runs with the date that was saved when the bookmark was created.

I tried using a variant (I added &variant=current_day) to the end of the url before saving the bookmark. But this does not work. The bookmark appears to hardcode the date value and not use the variant to pick up the current day. Similar situation for other time periods.

Has anyone encountered this? I really need to figure out how to do this because we do not want to build out personalized views for everyone. Having one generic template with personalized bookmarks would be wonderful if only we could pick up the desired dates at runtime.

Any advice would be very greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the queries run for a entered month, use a user exit variable for the current month instead of using a user's input. With this the bookmark will always run for the current month that the exit returns.

Thanks,

Jeff

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. I tried this option (using a user exit variable for the current month instead of using a user's input), but since we need to run the query for several different time periods (current day, current month, prior month, current year, ...), I was ending up with as many queries as time periods. The queries were all identical with the only difference being the user exit variable for the time period.

If possible, I would like to have just one underlying generic query - easier maintenance.

- Kamini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another option is to append the variable_screen=X to the bookmark and this will force the variable screen to show up everytime they run the bookmark.

Thanks,

Jeff