cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we assign SAP PI Objects to folder using Integration Directory PI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to assign a communication channel to a folder using Integration Directory API? Could anyone please suggest how to do that?

The SAP Documentation says:

You cannot create or change any folders in the Integration Directory.

Note: However you can assign configuration objects to a specific folder.

Link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/c7a206da5e31ebe10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

Regards,

SK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, did you ever find a solution to this? I want to use the API to mass-create objects, but the objects should be placed in different folders, and I also need to be able to create those folders.

I can for example assign a Config Scenario to a folder like this: configScenario.ConfigurationScenario[0].AdministrativeData.FolderPathID = "/B2B/Customer";

But I cannot find any way to create new folders...

Best regards,

Kristian Hoff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Sumant,

I'm interested in that functionality also as you are, so if you find required API please tell me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This thread is still open. Any takers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumant,

Kindly find the below Blogs will helps you

/people/william.li/blog/2008/10/20/directory-api-development--part-1-of-3

/people/william.li/blog/2008/10/20/directory-api-development--part-2-of-3

/people/william.li/blog/2008/10/20/directory-api-development--part-3-of-3

/people/alessandro.frontini/blog/2008/10/20/using-the-communication-channel-web-service-with-abap-a-sample-report

Regards

Venkat Rao .G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat.

I have already seen the blog and used it to create the configuration objects. Its just that i need to assign hese object to a folder already created in SAP integration builder. The sap doc says we can do that. But I am not able to find the parameter that should be set.

Regards,

Sumant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat, are you robot or human? There is very simple question -- how to assign some entities to folder, but your posts are like just spam. If you know the way please tell us it but not URLs which had been read many times.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, If you knew/read many times for the answer then post the solution this issue will be resolved asap.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

URLs which you had posted doesn't contain answer for the initial question. I'm interested in automatic assign of Directory's objects to folders and more -- in automatic creation of folders using web-services API, but second option isn't presented yet and first is declared but there is no sample.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

I understand we can create any number of folders using Integration Builder (PI 7.1) but the Integration Directory Programming Interface doesnu2019t provide the same flexibility.

I was trying to achieve the same using Integration Directory Programming Interface (PI).

Regards,

Sumant

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if it is the ID programming interface, the restriction is that you cannot create or change folders via its use.

But if there is an existing folder, you can assign configuration objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Idea how to do that?

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

seems that there is no specific info on that.

Did you find any parameter when you try to create a object?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/d015c6c71e31ebe10000000a42189b/content.htm

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry I think i got your req wrong

Edited by: abhishek salvi on May 15, 2009 10:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Didnt find any param?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any takers?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Any Idea how to do that?

are you looking for assigning configuration objects (CC, agreements etc) to a folder in Integration Directory of PI7.1??

If yes...you can right click on the required object and select the Move To Folder option...select your desired folder and click ok...your object will be moved to the folder...

Also at the end of the Configuration Wizard...you specify to which Configuration Scenario your objects should be added....now here you have one more selection available...where you can directly assign all the configuration objects in one go to the folder...

I am replying after going through this link provided by Shabarish:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/45/92b3b946482ef6e10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm

please excuse me if my answer is not relevant to your requirement......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for showing interest. I am looking to achieve the same using Integration Directory Programming Interface.

Please let me know if you can help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any takers? I am looking to achieve the solution through Integration Directory Programming Interface.