Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error: "Fail to create accounting document (missed posting rule)"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is about the posting rule.

I am now creating Sales Order with delivery, and the billing document will be generated from the delivery.

Normally, it runs fine and can conduct all process. However, I have added a new "order reason"; this time I chose the new one and do the normal process: create sales document, delivery document then billing document.

When I try to generate the billing document from the delivery, the error message : "Fail to create accounting document (missed posting rule)" is displayed. I would like to know how can I trace the error? what parts may cause this error? I have change nothing but only a new order reason. Please give me some cures on how to solve this. Thanks.

Regards,

Mandy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe your account determination is happening with the combination of Order Reason in VKOA even for normal sales process. So as rightly, pointed out by Mr.Jonathan, check in VKOA whether you have maintained the correct G/L Account for that order reason.

Of course, you can take the help of your FI colleagues.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mandy

First of all Check in VKOA wheather you have maintained data or not. Secondly check in OBYC wheather posting keys are there maintained or not for transaction event key MWS and .Finally check in OBA7 wheather accounting document number range and the G/L accounts have been maintained or not

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i seem to recall it is possible to determine GL accounts by order reason. perhaps another consultant could help us.

regards.