cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFCSDK impossible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I'm trying to develop a small module in C using the rfcsdk to get moniroting information from an SAP server, I downloaded the WAS640 but am stuck when trying to reach it (even from sapinfo) what am I doing wrong?

My program works as good as sapinfo by our customer's SAP system, so I don't think this is the problem.

The server I installed seems to have been configured (default settings) to be reachable through port 3601, but AFAIK the rfcsdk uses the sysnr to define the 33xx port number...

Maybe I'm not using the right server version?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrice,

the downloaded WAS, if it's one of the Sneak Preview versions available at SDN, does not contain the ABAP stack. The port 3601 is the standard message server port of the J2EE cluster dispatcher. The only available evaluation version so far containing both stacks is the <a href="ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/linuxlab/test_drive/">CeBIT eval version for Linux</a>.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for this answer Stefan.

The fact is I don't especially need the WAS stack and would be happy to limit the different installation parts to reach my single goal: being able develop a C module to communicate from my monitoring application over RFCSDK to SAP for accessing CCMS.

Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrice,

The RFCSDK primary peer is the ABAP Stack "period".

If you only installed the Java Stack you probably do not have the proper tool.

If you study the samples from the rfcsdk you will find that it is possible to write an RFCSDK based server that can then be accessed by an RFCSDK based client. But this will not help you since that would mean write a rfcserver that publish ccms data. And then, to feed that server you would need yet another mean to get to the ccms data. yet an other chicken and eggs,...

Summay:

rfcsdk is a good tool to

write clients for abap server, and for rfc server

write server for rfc clients

In your case, you are missing the server that provide the data for RFC access. One such server is part of the abap stack but not part of the java stack.

I have no clues about ccms but you should poke it's documentation to find how they publish their data on the java stack. soap, smtp, ...

Hope this helps

Gilles