Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role Upload to Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to upload a composite role from CUA(Quality) to Portal. During the Role Upload it is throwing an error(copied below) that its failed to retrive logical system of Dev. System.

I checked target system of every single n derived role of the composite role(which i am trying to upload) and all the roles has target system as quality.

Any suggetions on where the source of the error will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Madhu.

Error:

Check system configuration for alias: xxxxx, system: null - failed to retrieve logical system xxxxx: getObject xxx

Edited by: Julius Bussche on May 15, 2009 6:02 PM

Anonymized.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get some tips from below link.[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1beaa6e3-0601-0010-9aa2-ae7af96a8f67]

Regards

Krishna

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get some tips from below link.[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1beaa6e3-0601-0010-9aa2-ae7af96a8f67]

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Solution - Make sure you are uploading the composite role from the cua system and uncheck

the create subfolder option in portal and mention the pcd path while uploading the role

Hope you got it

Just a Suggestion:- Do not upload the portal content link into SDN forum as it shows the

company confidential data of your system.

Regards

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

It seems that you selected a incorrect system name.

If trying to upload a role from CUA quality , then logical system should be realted to QUALITY and not DEV as you mentioned .

As per SAP standards,its recommended that you make changes in DEV , and then move changes to subsequent systems in landscape.

Hence try to upload the role from DEV and then transport so that roles remain consistent throughout the landscape.

Hope this helps!

Rakesh ,A Valid point to make !!

Regards,

Ajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI again,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion. It did helped me.

Thanks,

Madhu.