cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layout Server Connection problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have installed all New MDM Client components ( 5.5.64.94-win32 ) in my Laptop and all of the MDM servers in Windows Server 2003-(5.5.64.94-win64 ), Used same MAXDB which was used earlier and i have Mounted/Connected all Repositories from my Console, but I got Connection problem while connecting Layoutserver From publisher,even i can able to create family table in console ( It was problem before in earlier version ). While starting Pubisher it asks for MDM Server / Repository details, after giving that, it started to connecting Layout server, but its keep on connecting even after i'm giving the IP address of the same mechine where my MDM server and Layout servers are installed. Please anyone help me out to solve this connection issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great help from Forum people

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abeehs,

What option you have tried? Can you please share the solution with us

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you have installed the Layout Server from the same package. There could be version mis match issue because of which Publisher is not able to connect to layout server. Both Publisher and Layout Server should be of same version.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cherry,

Thank for your input, Yes i do started/stopped Layout server twice , even i have rebooted the server, after rebooting the system,my layout server and MDM servers are started automatically.but still i'm getting that problem connecting layout server.

Dona,

Yes i think i would have memory problem in server side, how do i fix that? because, if i stop and restart the server and try connecting layout server with repository which has 4 records , i can able to connect to the server. so i am sure that problem would be in the configuration of layout server like increasing memory size, but i have enough memory. please advice. Thanks for your input, hope you could solve my problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abeehs,

I have the similar problems as you mentioned when I installed MDM Layout Server onto my Laptop with Windows XP pro. Perhaps you may try what I have tried as in below:

1) check versions of Publisher Gui, Layout Server and MDM Server if they are on the same

2) whether the HW of Layout Server (specially memory size) has met the min. requirements.

3) check if I can see familiy Mode from Data Manager

4) reboot Layout Server and check if the services of Layout Server can run automaticly before starting Publisher Gui

5) choose the right system name of the Layout Server from the list when connecting from publish Gui

After the above, I can manage to use publisher after choosing the Layout Server. The different things are that the Layout Server has installed on my Laptop which has to connect the MDM Server on Unix.

Hope this helps a little bit

Kind regards,

Wei Dona

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abeehs,

Firstly check whether the layout server is started or not, if not just start it. To check it goto control panel, under Admin tool go to Services, under services you can find all list of services to be started. In the list find out Layout Server and start it.

If its started and still you are facing problem then just for a change give the system name(insted of IP) and check, this might not be the problem but still check it once.

Cheers,

Cherry.