Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

smsy "Read System Number" customer number unknown for installation

Hi gurus,

I 'm configuring SMSY and following the steps outlined in the IMG in the basic settings and trying to configure RFC connections to/from satellite systems. In SMSY, I have 2 systems configured SMA and BIF.

tcode SMSY-> Systems -> SAP ERP -> SMA , Tab "System Data in SAP Support Portal".

Click "Read System Number" returns error SAP customer number unknown for installation number 0020179718. <-Why?

Click "Installation Data" shows data from SMP with correct installation number and correct customer number 706822.

The S-user listed under "Contact Persons" is not mine, not the correct one. <- Why? How to fix?

The system number from SMP matches value in System Number field.

Click "System Data" shows data from SMP also shows correct data.

Why unable to "Read System Number" when the correct system number is read via "Installation Data" and "System Data"?

tcode SMSY->Systems->SAP ECC->BIF, Tab "System Data in SAP Support Portal".

Click "Read System Number" returns error "SAP customer number unknown for installation number 0020472810". <- Why?

Click "Installation Data" shows data from SMP with correct installation number and correct customer number 706822.

The S-user listed under "Contact Persons" is correct one.

The system number from SMP matches value in System Number field.

Click "System Data" shows data from SMP also shows correct data.

Why unable to read system number?

When I login to SMP with same S-user, under System Data Maintenance, the same data is displayed as in "Installation Data" and "System Data" links.

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question