cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannt start sql*plus services under window services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I cannt start sqlplus services under window services, I loggin as admin rights, when I right click the sqlplus in order to start the services, it is grey out. then I when I went to oracle management console to start sql*plus, it wont work. now this happend in my DEV box. Anyone could tell me what am I missing in order to turn the services on?

thanks in advances

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For details check SAP Note 758563 - Oracle Metalink access for SAP customers.

Thanks,

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

try Login <SID>adm or ora<SID> and start service. if still problem then

give below command on command prompt and resolve problem or give error message after below command

c:\net start <ServiceName>

Example

The OracleServiceORCL service is stopping.........

The OracleServiceORCL service was stopped successfully.

Bye

SurendraJain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I login ad <SID>adm and check my Oracle_HOME path which is Drive:\oracle\dev\102

I tried to restart the services fro m gui, it still give me the same error and then I went cmd to do net start as recommend, i still get error (see below), any suggestion? thanks in advance.

C:\>net start OracleDEV102iSQL*Plus

The OracleDEV102iSQL*Plus service is starting.

The OracleDEV102iSQL*Plus service could not be started.

A system error has occurred.

System error 1067 has occurred.

The process terminated unexpectedly.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

isqlplussvc is a webservice running in a Java server that comes with your installation.

Use Oracle metalink 334695.1 (How To Troubleshoot iSQL*Plus Startup Issues On Microsoft Windows NT/2000/2003).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks so much guys, it does really help, however, I dont have access to oracle metalink site.can anyone copy and paste it and send it to me?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

See Note 82751 for Windows System Error 1067 .

Hope it will help.

regards

SurendraJain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The adm account which you are using to strat the isql service must be member of group ora_dba. Please check this.

Also Make sure you set env variables ORACLE_HOME & PATH

ORACLE_HOME= Drive_name:\Oracle\102 (for Oracle 10g)

PATH=Drive:\oracle\102\bin

Hope this helps

Thanks

Sushil,

Former Member
0 Kudos

try login as <sid>adm and then try. Did you check windows event viewer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

there are two messages in the event viewer

application error - message 1

Faulting application isqlplussvc.exe, version 1.0.7.0, faulting module isqlplussvc.exe, version 1.0.7.0, fault address 0x0000000000005774.

information - mesage 2

The description for Event ID ( 17 ) in Source ( iSQL*Plus Application Server ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Failed to find ORACLE_HOME

I am pretty new to this, could you tell me where should I to start the troubleshot

thanks