Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restriction of ME22N by Vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP friends,

We are trying to introduce authorization checks by adding "authorization groups" to vendors in ME22N.Since it is not possible to restrict by vendor with the authorization objects which ME22N has in SU24.

We have a vendor called xyz123. I have added authorization group "abc" to this vendor in XK02 and saved. I noticed that it got updated in LFA1 table after I made the change.

Now the issue is that even if a user does not have the authorization object "F_LFA1_BEK",he is still able to change POs under vendor xyz123. Pls. suggest if the procedure I followed is correct or not. I appreciate your answers.

Regards.

4 REPLIES 4

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I presume, you can do this by approaching from the way of "Purchasing Group". Following Object can be used for ME22N.

M_BEST_EKG Purchasing Group in Purchase Order

Also the other Objects that can be used here are given below:

F_LFA1_APP Vendor: Application Authorization Check NO

M_BANF_EKG Purchasing Group in Purchase Requisition Check NO

M_BANF_EKO Purchasing Organization in Purchase Requisition Check NO

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> I presume, you can do this by approaching from the way of "Purchasing Group". Following Object can be used for ME22N.

>

> M_BEST_EKG Purchasing Group in Purchase Order

>

> Also the other Objects that can be used here are given below:

>

> F_LFA1_APP Vendor: Application Authorization Check NO

Hello Dipanjan,

Thanks for replying.

But I am unsure of the procedure to activate authorization check by "vendor". Auth object M_BEST_EKG is not helpful in restricting by vendor. Regarding "F_LFA1_APP", can you please explain the procedure to follow for introducing the check in ME22N.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

F_LFA1_BEK does not work with transactions in purchasing. it's for vendor master data only but so is F_LFA1_APP. you have in F_LFA1_APP the choice of defining in which application a vendor master can be maintained, F=financials, M=purchasing, *=both - this enables you to separately authorize people for applications, but no more, so no help in ME22N.

if you insist on following the path you are treading, i advice, you go lookiing for some BADI or other exit.

if you want to think of an alternate route, why not create puchasing groups for groups of vendors so that you have a 'logical' authorization, enabling a group of purchasers to change only certain PO's (in their purchasing group) . you could do a follow-up by authorizing the maintenance of the vendors in the same algorithm, making your purchasing groups auth-groups with object F_LFA1*. just an idea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mylene,

Thanks much for your answer. So there is no restriction that can be put using the authorization groups concept? I had a hope when I saw the discussion in this thread here.

Another thing is that we already have Purch group concept in place. I believe many vendors were defined under same purchasing group. Can you please let me know where I can find that information in SAP?

Thanks again!

Regards.