cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to set user Permission to Web Intelligence Document?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a user can't edit her WI document or create new ones even though her permission to the folders has not changed. I wonder if somehow her access to WI document has been turned off. Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Susanna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to Check the below rights under BusinessObjects Enterprise Applications >> Web Intelligence

Check this right for the User Group you want to grant permission

If the Group does not exists then add the group by clicking on ADD/Remove button

Grant these 2 rights

Log on to Web Intelligence and view this object in the CMC

Edit this object

Note:A> If a user is member of say 4 groups then no group should have no access for these 2 rights in Web Intelligence Application, hey can have not specified.

Please try this and let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Thanks for response to my question.

I checked those rights you suggested and they all appeared to be set correctly.

Her permission was working fine and we had not make any changes. I am not sure what happened.

When she go to 'New' in Web Intelligence, Web Inteligence document is not listed.

I wonder if somewhere in CMC that we can do a refresh or rebuild all the permissions.

Do you think reboot the server or restart the services will help?

Thanks for your help!

Susanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said, user is not able to find WEBI DOCUMENT under NEW

Please check if she is having permissions to create a Webi report

Webi intelligence Application >> Rights for ths particular user>>Log on to Web Intelligence and view this object in the CMC

Is the issue User Specific or if its observed with all users?

If the issue is with all reports please check if you have licence to use Webi document.

Thanks,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

While I am trying your suggestion, I found the problem.

Her right to 'Create document' was denied in 'Home>BusinessObjects Enterprise Applications>Web Intelligence'. Although she is in the 'Create Report' group which has 'Granted' rights.

I found that she was also in a 'view on demand' group for a departmental report which limits her permission to modify or create new reports.

I don't know if there is a way to setup an user have permission to create report for her own department,

but view on demand permission (Not allow to modify) for reports given by IT.

Thanks for your help!

Susanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

At the Web intelligence Application level, include her group and grant "Create Document rights". and

Under BusinessObjects Setting grant "View on Demand for this group.

Thanks,

Madhu.