cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion on Good Books for SAP NetWeaver Administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am very new to SAP NetWeaver. Can any one please suggest some good books to learn SAP NetWeaver Administration. Is SAP NetWeaver For Dummies is good book to start with?

I want to understand the SAP NetWeaver Architecture and also want to learn from SAP Basis administration/Consultant point of view. So which book can help?

Also I got to kmow, SAP NetWeaver includes the following components and tools:

Components:

SAP Auto-ID Infrastructure

SAP Business Intelligence

SAP Enterprise Portal

SAP Exchange Infrastructure

SAP Master Data Management

SAP Mobile Infrastructure

SAP Web Application Server

Tools

SAP Composite Application Framework

SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio

SAP Solution Manager

So from SAP Basis Consultant point of view, which Componet one should learn or focus on?

Appreciate help.

Thanks

Regards,

BasisCK.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check at

[http://www.sap-press.com/]

[http://www.amazon.com/SAP-NetWeaver-ABAP-System-Administration/dp/1592291740/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242330645&sr=1-1]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I have checked sap-press but could not find the book on netweaver administration.

I want to understand the SAP NetWeaver Architecture and also want to learn from SAP Basis administration/Consultant point of view, so which book is good? Is Dummies book good to start with?

Also which compoent I should learn?

Appreciate help.

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basis CK,

When I strated my career in Netweaver, I started with SAP R3 Hand Book 3rd Edition, its a publication by McGraw Hill. Its really a good book for the beginers & will really help you to understand the concepts easily.

Regards,

Nitin Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for the reply. SAP R/3 Handbook, Third Edition - By Jose Antonio Hernandez, Franklin Martinez, James Keogh

~

Table of contents

Chapter 1: SAP: From SAP R/3 to SAP NetWeaver

Chapter 2: The Architecture of the SAP Web Application Server

Chapter 3: SAP NetWeaver: An Overview

Chapter 4: Using SAP Systems

Chapter 5: Upgrading to SAP R/3 Enterprise: The First Step into SAP NetWeaver

Chapter 6: The Change and Transport System

Chapter 7: Development Options with SAP Solutions: ABAP Engine

Chapter 8: User Management and Security in SAP Environments

Chapter 9: Web Application Server System Management

Chapter 10: Performance and Troubleshooting with SAP Solutions

Chapter 11: SAP for IT Managers: Implementation, Planning, Operation, and Support of SAP Systems

INDEX

~

Is this book completely talk about SAP NetWeaver or it's kind of transition/bridge from SAP R/3 to SAP netweaver?

Since you are experienced in Netweaver technology, can you suggest the step by step approach to be master in this?

I mean read this book first, then what next? what component I should go for it? XI, EP??

Appreciate your help and inputs.

God bless u.

Thx

Regards.

Basis CK.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems like a pretty basic book...

Basically If i was you I'll go for something a bit newer... up to date, that have the concepts that will give you an overview of the current Netweaver products.

In any case if you start with this one you'll cover most of the basics and will be a good starting point.

Also, I'll recomend you to download and install the trial version, so its not all theory.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found help.sap.com is really informative and you will learn many topics.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/84/54953fc405330ee10000000a114084/content.htm]

[http://www.thespot4sap.com/articles/SAP_Netweaver_Introduction.asp]

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/landscapedesign]

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Juan

Thanks for the information. Do you know any advance/latest book, which can be useful to start with.

Also can you let me know from where I can down load the test version to install ?

Also can you let me know which NW component I should focus? EP/XI? I am not sure if one has to master on 1 or need to learn all?

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basis CK,

See as you said you are very new in SAP Basis & Netweaver, so first of all you need to understand the concepts of Basis which is now Web AS. The basic difference between the older version R3 & now the Netweaver is that the Netweaver is the platform & is also integrated with Java. So I'ld suggest first clear your basic knowlege about Basis, i.e SAP R3 architecture, How WP works, concept of Despatcher, memory management, etc. Once you are thorough with all the concepts of Basis i.e Web AS, then you can start upgrading to the Netweaver. Thats the reason I suggested you with the R3 Hand Book, as thats the one of the best Basic Books available. I'm working as a Administrator in an MNC company & started my career 2 1/2 years ago, I started with many of the books suggested by many people, but found that R3 Handbook 2nd Edition was the best book. I suggested you the latest 3rd edition as it has the concepts of Netweaver at the end once you are thorough with the Basis part.

See all the books has its own positive & negative.

Its not possible to purchase hundreds of books & read them all. So you can trust me start with this book as its a very good book to start with for the freshers. Once the concepts are clear, then we can suggest you other books. Also if you have the access to the Service Market place, you can download the miniSAP or the complete Netweaver 2004s SR2 fi you have a very good internet connection & strat practising.

Regards,

Nitin Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nitin for the guide line. Thanks all for help and suggestion.

Answers (0)