Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Suggestion on Good Books for SAP NetWeaver Administrator

Hi,

I am very new to SAP NetWeaver. Can any one please suggest some good books to learn SAP NetWeaver Administration. Is SAP NetWeaver For Dummies is good book to start with?

I want to understand the SAP NetWeaver Architecture and also want to learn from SAP Basis administration/Consultant point of view. So which book can help?

Also I got to kmow, SAP NetWeaver includes the following components and tools:

Components:

SAP Auto-ID Infrastructure

SAP Business Intelligence

SAP Enterprise Portal

SAP Exchange Infrastructure

SAP Master Data Management

SAP Mobile Infrastructure

SAP Web Application Server

Tools

SAP Composite Application Framework

SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio

SAP Solution Manager

So from SAP Basis Consultant point of view, which Componet one should learn or focus on?

Appreciate help.

Thanks

Regards,

BasisCK.

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Basis CK,

See as you said you are very new in SAP Basis & Netweaver, so first of all you need to understand the concepts of Basis which is now Web AS. The basic difference between the older version R3 & now the Netweaver is that the Netweaver is the platform & is also integrated with Java. So I'ld suggest first clear your basic knowlege about Basis, i.e SAP R3 architecture, How WP works, concept of Despatcher, memory management, etc. Once you are thorough with all the concepts of Basis i.e Web AS, then you can start upgrading to the Netweaver. Thats the reason I suggested you with the R3 Hand Book, as thats the one of the best Basic Books available. I'm working as a Administrator in an MNC company & started my career 2 1/2 years ago, I started with many of the books suggested by many people, but found that R3 Handbook 2nd Edition was the best book. I suggested you the latest 3rd edition as it has the concepts of Netweaver at the end once you are thorough with the Basis part.

See all the books has its own positive & negative.

Its not possible to purchase hundreds of books & read them all. So you can trust me start with this book as its a very good book to start with for the freshers. Once the concepts are clear, then we can suggest you other books. Also if you have the access to the Service Market place, you can download the miniSAP or the complete Netweaver 2004s SR2 fi you have a very good internet connection & strat practising.

Regards,

Nitin Goyal

2 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question