cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call RFC directly from PI

nicole_bruneau2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi. Is there a way to call an RFC from PI? I want the scenario to be triggered by PI, not an external system.

Thank you.

Nicole

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a similar scenario where I need to access a FM. My FM is in XI and I need to invoke that FM from BPM for some validations. How can we do that ? I am trying an RFC call but it gives me an error "No identifier defined for the system".

Pl advise.

Thanks,

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicole,

You have to create a RFC Receiver Adapter. In this case, PI sends the data in the RFC format to the target system where the RFC is executed. Configuring the receiver adapter is even simpler. Look at:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/33/c6e63b60c25767e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Depend on your scenario and ERP version, consider using ABAP Proxy instead of RFC module.

Regards,

Rogério

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two options..

1. One develope a client proxy report in R/3 and call the RFC in it and send the data to Pi through a proxy call.Scedule the report to execute when ever u want.

2. The second option is to deveople a report program in PI which wll trigger the interface which inturn calls the RFC..

First is the better option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

can you describe the two systems youare talking about?

RFC are normally used between SAP and NON SAP systems and not between internal systems.

If you think internally it is being used then I would like to know what scenario you use.

Thanks