cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting into Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

FI Experts,

I have a user that when he tries to export/download into excel he is not getting the select spreadsheet small screen, it takes him durectly into excel. This works when repot is small but the report is more than 10,000 lines it gives him a data dump. How can I reset his profile in order for him to get the select spreadsheet screen where he can select EXCEL (MHTML Format) and so forth, we are on 6.0.

Thank You for your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

The problem with the spreadsheet download is at one point, users have selected their default file type.

That said, SAPGUI is working as it should. (gui710)

Question though is how do we reset the values so they get the ?Select Spreadsheet Format? popup again.

The following steps should be performed :

- Call transaction SE38, enter program SALV_BS_ADMIN_MAINTAIN, and press F8.

- Follow the parameters below :

- Select ?DELETE? on the Actions Group

- Select ?DETAILED SELECTION? on the General Data :

- On Client - your number

- User : <user name>

-Hit EXECUTE.

-Press ENTER on the POPUP

- If there is an entry in the report that will need to be deleted. Also, make sure that the entry you will delete (for the user) has a value of GUI_ALV_XML_VER on field ?Parameter? .

- Select the line and hit the DELETE icon .

- Press ?Y? to continue delete. Press ENTER on the popup.

- Then EXIT all the way out of the program.

NOTE : When you run program SALV_BS_ADMIN_MAINTAIN, make sure they are out of any program that they are using for download.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Frank for your update.

Joerg_S
Participant
0 Kudos

Many thanks to Frank!

I followed the advice and it worked exactly as described. The DEFAULT TYPE has been 'erased'!

Never would have found SALV_BS_ADMIN_MAINTAIN on my own ... I'm wondering why SAP is "hiding" this function(?!)

regards Jörg

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Sometimes downloding to MHTML will have issues with formulas in excel.

There are more other easy ways to dowload to excel.

You can download from

system ==> List => Local File

You can download to excel.

This is the best method we can download to excel.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

he is not trying to download MHTML, when he selects export, spreadsheet it takes him directly into excel, the file list does not work either. I think that he selected " Always use selected format option in the screen" But I just don't know how to reset it.

Any ideas will be appreciated,

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you follow through System => List

option,

then it will not take the user directly to excel.

The file can be saved at a desired location for example on desktop of PC.

Later the user can double click the file and open.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct, however the file downloads in a way that needs too much manipulation in order for data to be able to sort, add, etc. I use that function when I am trying to export specific line items. In this case tgh eothe roption is better, Export then check Excel give a drive name and save, report comes up a lot cleaner.