cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delegate a GP task in UWL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Currently the standard the Delegation/Forward functionality is not working as per the SAP OSS message where SAP had commented that based on the portal version which we are using is having product limitation not able to delgate/Forward the GP task from standard UWL.

now we are trying to delegate the GP task manually from Current user inbox to target user's inbox.

can you please provide me the sample codes or related documents or links then it would be great help to me??

Currently we are opening the GP task thru URL based by passing the processID and taskID in the URL.

see the following URL which is the format we are using to open the task from the user's Inbox

[http://localhost:50100/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/cafeugpuirt/Runtime?app.processId=1a1&app.taskId=6a4]

Note : (Custom fucntionality which we are using currently)

Currently in each and every Callable object which we implemented on Webdynpro thru GP interface.

in the code of each DC, we called the BAPI and updated the processID and taskID along with other columns which ever you want to use as custom columns in custom UWL webdynro table where we will call BAPI and update the records which are assigned to an assigne. and also based on the above specified URL and we will open a particular task from a webdynpro table . this was worked out well for all actions in a process.

now we got struck at the delgation fucntionality where we need to delegate the task from the current user inbox to target user inbox.

currently the details which are available for a particular task in the current user inbox are ProcessID and taskID and anyway we will choose dynamically a user to whom we want to delegate , based on these information like ProcessID, taskID and target user can we delegate a task to another dynamically to the target user's inbox.

Can anybody provide sample codes or any documents or links on this GP task delegation then it would be great help to me??

we are looking purely code based solution if any are there for delgating, for that do we have any samle codes??

Best Regards

Kalki

Edited by: KalkiReddy on May 15, 2009 4:34 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalki,

If you are using Webdynpro component as callable object, then there is a alternative approach to delegate the task. You can try the following steps in your webdynpro component.

1. In the getDescription() method, add one more result state, let's say 'delegate'.

2. In your process complete() method have an argument..say 'status'.

3. Create a 'Forward' button in your view controller and bind to a 'Forward' action.

4. On Forward action, call the complete() method with the status let's say 'fwd'.

5. Based on this status, set the result state as 'delegate' before the process complete statement.

6. In the GP design time, assign the result state target to the same action.

I hope you got the idea.

Regards,

Yuvaraj

Answers (0)