cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Data Services WSDL in Visual Studio 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am attempting to use the WSDL from Data Services XI 3.1 (url is http://devserver:28008/DataServices/servlet/webservices?ver=2.0&wsdlxml) and when I attempt to add to a project as a web service all appears to be fine but it is not usable.

Unable to see the web service to call. Does not show up in intellisense and if I manually type the call as a data type, visual studio indicates that it is an undeclared type.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Daniel,

We did find that during training several people created the exact same Batch Job and properties, etc that was causing an error in the WSDL that Visual Studio was not catching or displaying.

We removed the duplicate Batch Jobs from the Web Services section in the console manager and refreshed the WSDL in Visual Studio.

I used your example code as a test and it did work successfully but there is something else a little confusing for us at the moment.

When you add the web reference in Visual Studio there is a display of the all the available methods and their parameters and what is being returned. One of the items that we are looking to use is the Get_BatchJob_List in Batch_Job_Admin. The display from Visual Studio did not list any parameters necessary for this call but when I try to use it VS blue lines it indicating parameters needed.

It is looking for a type of GetListOfBatchJobsRequest.

Is there a document somewhere (SDK) that contains all this information because it appears that the WSDL being interpreted by VS is not accurate.

Thanks.

Emerson

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you left everything as defaults when you added the web reference in VS2008, you should be able to accesss it through the name of the web reference "devserver" (which is the name of your server in the url you provided).

ie

devserver.LogonRequest req = new devserver.LogonRequest();

req.password = "Secret123";

req.username = "admin";

devserver.Connection_Operations connOps = new devserver.Connection_Operations;

connOps.Logon(req);