Multiple Brandings for a single portal
Can we have different brandings (on the masthead) for a single portal based on employees from different company codes .
Biroj Patro replied
Yes, You can do that surely.
1. Maintain different user group (here based on the emp codes).
2. Create different Desktops for different group of employees.
3. Desktop involves Theme and the Framework Page. You can really change the Theme or the Framework page as required.
4. For Branding (Logo/ Text/ Color) on the Masthead,
You need to change the Masthead iVew/PAR file on the server.
In simple language, You need to create different Masthead iView/PAR for different User Group.
A couple of those PARs has to be developed and deployed on to the server.
5. Now Create a no of Framework Page and include the Masthead iViews in them.
Framework Page 1- Masthead iView1
Framework Page 2- Masthead iView2
Framework Page 3- Masthead iView3 .....like this.
Now you can have a no of Desktops and hence a no of Branding.
6. In main rule --> add the new rules for different user groups and assign them the required desktops.
To download and change/create a no of Mastheads
Here are the steps that you have to follow to change the Masthead.
1. Copy the com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead.par.bak file from the portal's deployment directory
/usr/sap/<instance>/j2ee/j2ee_00/cluster/server/services/servlet_jsp/work/WEB-INF/deployment/pcd to a local directory.
2. Rename the PAR file to your namespace.
3. Import the PAR file into NetWeaver Developer Studio.
4. Make appropriate changes to the HeaderiView.jsp component (This will be within dist/PORTAL-INF/jsp folder of your project)
5. Upload and deploy the PAR file into the Enterprise Portal.
6. Create a new iView based on this new PAR file.
Hope this explains your requirement.
Edited by: Biroj Patro on May 14, 2009 8:07 PM