Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic change Rootuielement's properties such as swfFile value in WdDoModi

debbielei
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I need to dynamically change one of the view's Rootuielement's properties - SWFFILE in WDDOMODIFYVIEW method. I did some research, and could not figure out what the field is called (such as whether it is considered as an elemement), and how it is referernced in the WD programming. As a result, I am able to search for reusable class and method for my need. Could you please shine some light on me? By the way, I am on basis 7.02 release.

Thank you very much,

Debbie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debbie,

As how mentioned by Pooja the ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER is of type CL_WD_TRANSPARENT_CONTAINER. You can obtain its reference from within your WDDOMODIFYVIEW by saying as:

data: lr_root type ref to cl_wd_uielement_container.

lr_root ?= view->get_element( id = 'ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER'  ).

Or

You can directly use the below method to skip passing any id:

lr_root ?= view->get_root_element(  ).

Regards,

Uday

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

debbielei
Explorer
0 Kudos

I had a successful live test. I can confirm that

lr_root ?= view->get_element( id = 'ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER' ).

can be pointed to both elements and attributes.

debbielei
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

The field which I tried to modify is an attribute of the "ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER" which is created for a view with type Flash Island. I think both Pooja and your provided code is for modifying an element of the "ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER" because the field SWF_FILE and its value "vl_SWF_FILE" are not available in any neither of the CL_WD_TRANSPARENT_CONTAINER (which suggest by Pooja) and cl_wd_uielement_container classes. However, I was able to hybid your code with me, and get it work in debug mode.

Thanks for your feedback.

Debbie

Former Member
0 Kudos

ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER is a transparent container and its class is CL_WD_TRANSPARENT_CONTAINER