Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Payment Advcie - EDI 823 (Lockbox - Incoming Payment)

In process of testing EDI 823(Lockbox u2013 Incoming Payments) using testtool, Idocs are been successfully processing when an attempt is made to post the incoming customeru2019s payment for an open invoice (Basic type u2013 FINSTA01, Message type u2013 LOCKBX). Payment advice note is being generated for the successful processed Idocs.

Then we ran a report RFAVIS40 in SE38 which basically selects the payments advices and then posts the clearing document. In the process when we are trying to execute the report for the generated payment advices u201CFor document type DZ, an entry is required in field referenceu201D this is the message we are getting.

Manually I execute the same payment advice number using FBE2. When I enter the info in u2018Payment totalu2019 and u2018Payment doc.nou2019. at the Header level of FBE2 and then I run the report again, invoice documents are getting cleared.

What config settings require to automate this functionality? OR Am I missing any mandatory field information at the time I process Idoc? OR System would work only in this manner?

Please pass your comments.

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question