Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization group in Z-Table and user assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created Z table which stores sensitive data and have created maintenance view. I want particular users only to have change access to this table through SM30 and for that I have created my own autorization group. Now my question is: How I can assign user names to this authorization group? how does it work? Is this through Role assignment to user profile? I dont have any basis support help for me for this task and hence trying to do it myself in sandbox system.

Since this is not my domain step by step help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Agasti..

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto SE11 table name -> Display -> Utilities -> Table Maintenance Generator.

Authorization Group &NC& w/o auth. group. Here you can change the Authorization Group.

You can create transaction for Table Maintenance which you can assign to authorized users as well..

Thanks,

Mathivanan.G

0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Mathivanan.

If I assign &NC& it will be without authorization group and anyone can change the contents. Yes I can create transaction for SM30 table maintenance but again someone with SM30 access can change the data right?

If 10 people have SM30 access I want only 2 of them to have change access to this table. I hope I am clear with my problem. plz let me know.

Thanks again..

Former Member