cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors in CIF while transfering Info Records

Former Member
0 Kudos

While transferring info records from R3 4.5b to SCM SNC 5.1, the R3 system hangs and times out.

Plants, Vendors and Materilas were cifed successfully.

Any help?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

1) Check whether livecache connectivity is slow

2) As you are saying, data is transferred successfully, is the selection criteria for transfer of records is very high? in such cases, the records input to be kept in small batches to ensure smooth updation.

3) Check is there any inbound & outbound queues struck

4) Check is there any sysfails?

5) Check application logs whether any error trace is recorded.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I have selected only one Info record. In the selection parameters I gave specific material, vendor and plant. After generating the integration model it showed that 1 record was selected.

I saved the model and activated it. I even ran the "Check" in cfm2 and it said no consistency erros found in target system.

I checked with the basis guys and they said after the activating the model it was trying to read the material in all plants and hence the system would hang.

Not sure what is happening.

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

For PIR you should use the same selection at the top of CFM1 as you already have for the material model and then include this via the checkbox in the PIR selection window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried this but it still does not work. The system hangs in the determining Delta Model step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Run BD22 and make sure that all processed and obsolete change pointers are deleted.

Are you including vendors or plants that are not in existing integration models?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Dave,

I CIFed Plant first, then on a different integration model I Cifed Vendor. Thereafter I CIFed Materail. Then I tried to CIF the Info record.

So basically I put the data in different models and cifd them in sequence.

Based on your last suggestion, I also put them all in the same Model and tried.

But let me try the BD22 option and check.

Thanks a lot.

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Dave,

I tried to delete the chnage pointers for INFREC in BD22 and the system hung up again. I cheked BD50 and realized that change pointers were not active for INFREC.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

Make sure you insert something in the general filter, for example, the material associated with the info-record. This will speed up the generation.

If you leave the "general selection criteria" blank, and select inforecords and only enter the inforecord number, the generation will be slow.

Reason for this is that the logic reads through MARC table first and buffers everything. It then uses all the Mat-Plant combination data to look for inforecords and then finally chooses the inforecord you have specified.

So the general selection criteria is "primary" and any criteria you specify for inforecords would be secondary filter.

Thanks!

Arnab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the answers and suggestions. We were finally able to resolve the issue.

We realised that the Change Pointers were active in the system. However there were no jobs setup to delete the Obsolete and Processed Change Pointers.

Earlier when I tried to Delete the Change Pointers, the System hung up again. So then I tried to Delete the Change Pointers by providing the Specific Message Type, one at a time.

There were close to 9 million Change Pointers for Info records alone.

We deleted them in batches and then finally the info records came over.

Thanks again.

Kedar