cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL in Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I wanted to add a simple URL (ie: Google, hotmail, etc) for people to access in my web dynpro application. How can I do that?

Thanks.

Sana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The first part of my question is answered, on what to use, now I wanted to know HOW to use it. I see it in the GUI - layout page, but I don't want to use the GUI. I want to actually code the LinkToURL in my code and display it in a table. How do I do that? What do to use to construct / set my LinkToURL???

Thanks.

Sana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Add an additional TableColumn to the Table, use LinkToURL as cell editor, bind the "text" and "reference" properties to suitable context attributes under the table's data source node.

In the supply function of the data source node (or wherever you fill it), set the attribute values for each node element (row) to the text to displayed and the URL to be referenced.

Armin

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sana,

Can you please tell me whats your requirement? - Where the URL come from? - Isn't it easier to fill a Value Attr. and use it in the Table's LinkToURL?

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Sana,

>

> Can you please tell me whats your requirement? - Where the URL come from? - Isn't it easier to fill a Value Attr. and use it in the Table's LinkToURL?

>

> Regards,

> Daniel

Here is what I am going.

I retrieve data from a function and it returns a table. I loop though the table and based on a key column, I set a corresponding URL. I wanted to display that url right next to the record that I retrieve, thats why I wanted to put it in the table. The URL is something I am creating on my own.

Isn't it easier to fill a Value Attr. and use it in the Table's LinkToURL?

Maybe - I do not know, that is why I'm asking, what do I need to use and how do I use it.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sana,

It seemed to me that you wanted to create in the runtime the LinkToURL, that's why I've suggested using just a Value Attr. and filling that value in the Node (thru a supply function).

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick response! Did resolve my issue.

Sana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sana,

You can use, LinkToURL UI, it is a hypertext link. When you choose this link, you are directed to a user-defined Web resource (URL).

The LinkToUrl is used to exclusively to open URLs in a separate window. To leave the Web Dynpro application and display a new URL use an exit plug.

You just need to specify the URL and the text which will be a hyperlink.

On clicking at the Hyperlink, you will be redirected to the specified URL.

I hope it solves your purpose. If you are looking for something else, please revert back. I'll be happy to help you.

Cheers!!!

Umang

birojpatro
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sana,

You can use LinkToURL UI element for the purpose. You will get a lot of docs for this on SDN.

Regards,

Biroj Patro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding LinktoURL UI element to your view?

Armin