cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send PO through E-mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

How to send PO through E-mail using Outlook Express.

Request to please explain step by step procedure to setup.

Thanks in advance

Nirav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI...

i am unable to view mentioned notes in T-Code SNOTE.

how to view them n ver??

plz help...

Regards,

Amit P Hiran

pardeep_malik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should not have authorisation of SNOTE.

To learn Note go to

www.service.sap.com

put the user ID and password of your company. and get the note.

for UID and Pass word Ask ur Basis Guy

Regards,

Pardeep Malik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer following SAP-Notes for the above subject-Mail throughPO-

Step by step details are given in these Notes and get help of your Basis consultant .

SAP Note N0: Po as mail note -->191470

po as mail note -->370522

po as mail note--> 420066

Details are given on these Notes. use it to get it.

with regards

Shrinivas gangoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

As you have suggested this notes again i go through that.

In SAP Note 191470 following point is there on Page 2

"If you work with the new Enjoy Transaction ME21N, ME22N or ME23N,

Notes 370522 and 420066 are required"

There are some package information is there. I am not able to undestand that. Request you to please explain me and is it required to apply.

Thanks,

nirav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically there are two mail types: Internet mail (external mail) and SAPOffice mail.

Mail is sent via the output determination in both cases.

If you use the external mail, the message for the purchasing document is converted into a corresponding text file which is sent to the vendor via the Internet.

SAPOffice mail is sent only within the R/3 System and has mainly the function of providing information.

In particular, it is not possible to attach a message (form) for a purchasing document to a SAPOffice mail.

When using external mail, the following basic settings are required:

1. You must maintain an e-mail address in the address in the vendor master.

2. The same applies to your own user master. You also have to specify an e-mail address there in order to identify the sender.

o Note that it is not possible to change the e-mail address of the vendor

o You can use a temporary email address in Transaction ME21N.

3. For the output type for default values, a communication strategy needs to be maintained in the Customizing that supports the e-mail.

You can find the definition of the communication strategy in the Customizing via the following path: (SPRO -> IMG -> SAP Web Application Server -> Basic Services -> Message Control -> Define

Communication Strategy). As a default, communication strategy CS01 is delivered. This already contains the necessary entry for the external communication. Bear in mind that without a suitable communication strategy it is not possible to communicate with a partner via Medium 5 (external sending).

4. Use the standard SAP environment (program 'SAPFM06P', FORM routine 'ENTRY_NEU' and form 'MEDRUCK') as the processing routines.

5. In the condition records for the output type (for example,Transaction MN04), use medium '5' (External send).

6. You can use Transaction SCOT to trigger the output manually. The prerequisite for a correct sending is that the node is set correctly. This is not described here, but it must have already been

carried out.

7. To be able to display, for example, the e-mail in Outlook, enter PDF as the format in the node.

To use the SAPOffice mail, the following basic settings are required:

1. For the output type for default values, a communication strategy needs to be maintained in the Customizing that supports the e-mail.

You can branch to the maintenance of the communication strategy via the input help.

2. Use the SAP standard environment (program "RSNASTSO" and FORM routine "SAPOFFICE_AUFRUF") as the processing routines.

3. In the condition records for the output type (for example,Transaction MN04), use medium '7' (SAPOffice) and also partner role 'MP' (mail partner).

Additional settings:

Problem:

How can you both change the mail title and text for the sending of a mail message and maintain a replacement parameter, for example a document number.

Solution:

1. The replacement routine is maintained in the Customizing for the output type in the detail screen on the 'General data' tab under 'Replacement of text symbols' (for Release < 4.6B, this can be found on the 'Mail' tab page).

Program: SAPMM06E

FORM routine: TEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE

2. Maintain mail title and text.

o If you want to send a purchase order within an R/3 system using the SAP office, you can maintain both the mail title ('Re:') and also a mail text in the Customizing for the output type To do this, select the directory mail title and text for the corresponding message type.

o If you want to send a purchase order as (external) mail, for example, to a vendor, you have to maintain the mail title in the condition record for the output type (for example in Transaction MN05) on the 'Communication method' tab page. Enter the mail title in the 'Text for cover page' field. You cannot maintain an additional mail text.

o Note that the values from the mail title are used to create the description for the attachment.

3. The replacement parameters must be enclosed by &. Example: You want to enter the title 'PO number '. For this you have to enter the following in the Document Title field (Message Customizing ->

sub-option: Mail title and texts) 'PO number &EKKO-EBELN&'

Former Member
0 Kudos
Basically there are two mail types: Internet mail (external mail) and SAPOffice mail.
Mail is sent via the output determination in both cases.

If you use the external mail, the message for the purchasing document is converted into a corresponding text file which is sent to the vendor via the Internet.
SAPOffice mail is sent only within the R/3 System and has mainly the function of providing information.
In particular, it is not possible to attach a message (form) for a purchasing document to a SAPOffice mail.

When using external mail, the following basic settings are required:

1. You must maintain an e-mail address in the address in the vendor master.

2. The same applies to your own user master. You also have to specify an e-mail address there in order to identify the sender.

o Note that it is not possible to change the e-mail address of the vendor
o You can use a temporary email address in Transaction ME21N.

3. For the output type for default values, a communication strategy needs to be maintained in the Customizing that supports the e-mail.
You can find the definition of the communication strategy in the Customizing via the following path: (SPRO -> IMG -> SAP Web Application Server -> Basic Services -> Message Control -> Define
Communication Strategy). As a default, communication strategy CS01 is delivered. This already contains the necessary entry for the external communication. Bear in mind that without a suitable communication strategy it is not possible to communicate with a partner via Medium 5 (external sending).

4. Use the standard SAP environment (program 'SAPFM06P', FORM routine 'ENTRY_NEU' and form 'MEDRUCK') as the processing routines.

5. In the condition records for the output type (for example,Transaction MN04), use medium '5' (External send).

6. You can use Transaction SCOT to trigger the output manually. The prerequisite for a correct sending is that the node is set correctly. This is not described here, but it must have already been
carried out.

7. To be able to display, for example, the e-mail in Outlook, enter PDF as the format in the node.

To use the SAPOffice mail, the following basic settings are required:

1. For the output type for default values, a communication strategy needs to be maintained in the Customizing that supports the e-mail.
You can branch to the maintenance of the communication strategy via the input help.

2. Use the SAP standard environment (program "RSNASTSO" and FORM routine "SAPOFFICE_AUFRUF") as the processing routines.

3. In the condition records for the output type (for example,Transaction MN04), use medium '7' (SAPOffice) and also partner role 'MP' (mail partner).

Additional settings:
Problem:
How can you both change the mail title and text for the sending of a mail message and maintain a replacement parameter, for example a document number.
Solution:

1. The replacement routine is maintained in the Customizing for the output type in the detail screen on the 'General data' tab under 'Replacement of text symbols' (for Release < 4.6B, this can be found on the 'Mail' tab page).
Program: SAPMM06E
FORM routine: TEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE

2. Maintain mail title and text.

o If you want to send a purchase order within an R/3 system using the SAP office, you can maintain both the mail title ('Re:') and also a mail text in the Customizing for the output type To do this, select the directory mail title and text for the corresponding message type.

o If you want to send a purchase order as (external) mail, for example, to a vendor, you have to maintain the mail title in the condition record for the output type (for example in Transaction MN05) on the 'Communication method' tab page. Enter the mail title in the 'Text for cover page' field. You cannot maintain an additional mail text.

o Note that the values from the mail title are used to create the description for the attachment.

3. The replacement parameters must be enclosed by &. Example: You want to enter the title 'PO number '. For this you have to enter the following in the Document Title field (Message Customizing ->
sub-option: Mail title and texts) 'PO number &EKKO-EBELN&'
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for quick reply.

I have setup as per you have given.

But still I am not able to send PO via outlook express.

When i tried to using me9f, it will give RED X(Cross) when i press "Output Message" button.(I am using appropriate Message Type parameter here).

I am not able to see any transmission request in "SOST" transaction code.

Is it required to set profile parameter as menstion in below link.

http://www.saptechies.com/configuration-of-email-fax-paging-or-sms-using-smtp/

Thanking you ones again,

Nirav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav ,

As per your communication i understand that the o/p is triggered properly in the Po but it is not sent to the mail address .

Just check whether your Basis team has done the settings from their end in the transaction SCOT.

Regards

Ramesh Ch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

In SCOT we have done setting such as in INT->SMTP->SMTP CONNECT mention Mail Host and in supported addres type PDF is mention at Output format of SAP script/smart Forms.

Is there any other setting required.

Thanks,

Nirav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

Create a PO and test it . It should work now.

Regards

Ramesh Ch

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created new PO but not working.

Thanks,

Nirav

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos