cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO issue when IE has a start-up page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have developed a Webdynpro(ABAP) application which is meant to be called from a BSP Page.

Say

BSP page is in System DBS

Webdynpro is in System WDA

We imported certificate from DBS to WDA and vise versa to create an SSO relation between DBS and WDA.

Everything Works with the following scenario.

1) User Opens Blank IE Page

2) Type URL for BSP application hosted in DBS

3) Login to BSP application, by entering username and password(OK)

4) From that application open Webdynpro hosted in WDA

No additional login page comes for Webdynpro application which is as expected and SSO is working fine.

But in Customer system they have a default intranet application(This is not SAP Portal) as their start up page.

I believe, that application also creates some SSO cookies(not sure).

When User opens Browser with that start up application, the following Behaviour occurs.

1) User Opens IE Page, as a startup page the intranet application gets opened

2) Type URL for BSP application hosted in DBS

3) Login to BSP application, by entering username and password(OK)

4) From that application open Webdynpro hosted in WDA

But this times user gets an additional page for logging in.

Customer is not willing to change the Default Page of IE

Can any one please give a suggestion to solve this issue?

Regards

Geogy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You are going to have to find out what criteria about the "default intranet application" is effecting the SSO2 ticket. You say that it isn't the SAP portal but that it might be creating an SSO ticket. I'm a little confused by that because SAP's SSO2 ticket is just a client side cookie - and not some standard thing. Really no other application should effect this. In theory even if this other application created a cookie by the same name, it would be overwritten by the BSP application. You should use a tool like HTTP Watch to see exactly what is happening with the SSO2 cookie. Right now there isn't much we can do to help becuase there is no information about what is actually happening.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry there is a correction in my earleir statement.

Initially I got the the information from customer that they are not using SAP portal, but that was not correct I later confirmed that the original Intranet was hosted in an SAP Portal.

Certificate of intranet portal is imported to DBS and WDA.

1) Intranet is writting an SS2 cookie

2) DBS is accepting SSO2 cookie but not re-writting cookie

3) WDA is not accepting SSO2 cookie(Written by intranet App) and a login page comes up with warning "SSO logon not possible; browser logon ticket not accepted".

DBS&WDA has system parameter login/create_sso2_ticket = 1, login/accept_sso2_ticket = 1

Question: if intranet Application is creating an SS2 cookie, as per standard proceedure, then will it be overwritten by DBS?

Regards

Geogy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out these links -

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lekha,

Thanks for the reply, This parameter has value 0 in my system.

This is set so that user should not get Change password screen.

In my case the SSO ticket itself is not getting accepted in WDA.

Regards

Geogy