cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Getting Generic Exception when tried running the payload in test tab in message mapping .In the message mapping one RFC call is done and output of RFC is mapped to var_IDocBackUp variable.

But in messge mapping i m getting following exception :

Generic Exception: com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException: Generic Exception: at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.flib7.RfcPayload.setRfcExceptionProperty(RfcPayload.java:65) at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.flib7.RfcPayload.<init>(RfcPayload.java:41) at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.flib7.RfcLookup.cacheMore(RfcLookup.java:84) at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.rt.AMultiResIterator$MultiOutIterator.gotoNextContext(AMultiResIterator.java:95) at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.AMappingProgram.processNode(AMappingProgram.java:299) at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.AMappingProgram.processNode(AMappingProgram.java:395) at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.AMappingProgram.start(AMappingProgram.java:482) at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.Transformer.start(Transformer.java:133) at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.AMappingProgram.transform(AMappingProgram.java:612) at com.sap.aii.ibrep.server.mapping.exec.ExecuteXiMappingCommand.transformInternal(ExecuteXiMappingCommand.java:197) at com.sap.aii.ibrep.server.mapping.exec.ExecuteXiMappingCommand.execute(ExecuteXiMappingCommand.java:94)

and when i run same payload in Opration mapping i get:

com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.MessageMappingException: Runtime exception when processing target-field mapping /PEXR2002//PEXR2002/*var_IDocBackUp; root message: Generic Exception: at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.AMappingProgram.processNode(AMappingProgram.java:443) at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.AMappingProgram.processNode(AMappingProgram.java:395) at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.AMappingProgram.start(AMappingProgram.java:482) at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.Transformer.start(Transformer.java:133) at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.AMappingProgram.transform(AMappingProgram.java:612) at com.sap.aii.ib.server.mapping.execution.JavaMapping.executeStep(JavaMapping.java:92) at com.sap.aii.ib.server.mapping.execution.Mapping.execute(Mapping.java:60) at com.sap.aii.ib.server.mapping.execution.MappingHandler.map(MappingHandler.java:87) at com.sap.aii.ib.server.mapping.execution.MappingHandler.map(MappingHandler.java:54) at com.sap.aii.ibrep.server.mapping.rt.MappingHandlerAdapter.run(MappingHandlerAdapter.java:139) at com.sap.aii.ibrep.server.mapping.exec.ExecuteIfMapCommand.execute(ExecuteIfMapCommand.java:33) at com.sap.aii.ib.server.mapping.exec.CommandManager.execute(CommandManager.java:43) at com.sap.aii.ibrep.server.mapping.ServerMapService.execute(ServerMapService.java:40) at com.sap.aii.ibrep.server.mapping.MapServiceBean.execute(MapServiceBean.java:40) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor724_10000.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585) at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.RequestInvocationContext.proceedFinal(

Edited by: Shilpa Korad on May 15, 2009 6:36 AM

Edited by: Shilpa Korad on May 15, 2009 6:38 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved the problem after installing the latest patches upto SP4

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Runtime exception when processing target-field mapping /PEXR2002//PEXR2002/*var_IDocBackUp

check mapping logic for the above node

Is var_IDocBackUp defined as a global variable...if yes then check out the procedure here:

/people/william.li/blog/2008/02/13/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-using-graphical-variable

Edited by: abhishek salvi on May 15, 2009 10:13 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have checked the blog. And its in the same way there in my mapping.The variable is a global variable which is created under the root node.

In the test tab of Message mapping when i put the payload and when i right click on the RFC(whose output is mapped to the variable) as well as on variable to say display queue both gives "generic exception".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

/PEXR2002//PEXR2002/*var_IDocBackUp;

can you please let me know what mapping logic u have written on the above node.

Also if there is UDF what code u have written there.

Thanks and Regards

Hemant

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

extremely strange.....i used this blog to configure the global variable in my mapping and it worked fine:).....the blog spcifically mentiones when to double-click and when to Drag-and-Drop the variable in the mapping logic....was it followed?...can you create the variable under the node in which you want to use it...this sounds wierd but just giveit a try

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First there is a UDF which takes input as filpath and Idoc , in this UDF the Idoc backup is taken on the specified path , output of UDF is the filename (this UDF works fine also shows value when i say display queue on this UDF). Then comes the RFC which takes input as filename(output from UDF) and string value generated (from different UDF). In this RFC, these input values are inserted into the database and output is value "Y" or "N" which is assigned to variable var_IDocBackUp.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All steps are followed according to the blog in DEV environment (on Windows platform). In DEV environment all these things are running fine. But in UAT environment(on Unix ) i have imported TPZ files from DEV environment and it gives problem here. All RFC channels and other configuration are done properly.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

Check if you are pointing to the correct R/3 system where your RFC (That is called in the UDF) is being executed.

Check if the RFC (If it is a custom one) is transported to the R/3 QA system.

REgards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes RFC is transported and i m pointing to the correct system's RFC. RFC is not called in UDF. UDF's output is provided to the RFC. RFC is outside of UDF.