Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split the Target Structure.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have Header and Detail in my Target Structure, in the output I have to create 2 separate files, one for Header and one for Detail.I dont want to go for BPM, is there any solution for this with out using BPM?

Thanks & Regards,

Pragathi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why cannot you check for defining separate message for Header and Details and by using MultiMapping and then create files for each

Rajesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

praveen_pillai3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pragathi

Assuming you mean you have Header and Detail in the source structure and would like to create 2 messages on the target side, you have 2 options (Since you mentioned you dont want to use BPM)

1. Create 2 sets of messages interface and related objects for the target structure and split the flow into 2, which will map the header to one message and the item to the other.

2. Use multimap and map the header to message1 and item to message2. This will be a better option as the interface will use one map for creating the target message and you can pass the message onto 2 comm channels that will create the file.

Hope this help.

Regards

Prav

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. create two different DT/MT/MI for header and detail

2. in message mapping go to message tab and add both the MT

3. do your mapping

4. in your interface mapping add two target interfaces (header and detail)

no need for BPM at all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pragathi,

Use Multi mapping concept to split the file in the target.Check the blog for details.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3115] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Prakasu.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakasu,

Is it possible to do the reverse process? I mean, when you receive a header and a detail messages and then convert to one unified message

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alejandro, reverse process is not possible without BPM.

Regards,

Prateek