cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in connection SAP 2007 B PL 11 client to SQL server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am using SAP 2007 B PL 11. Whenever i am doing change server on client systems and entering the SQL server name and pwd the system gives error:

Connection failed:

SQLState: '08001'

SQL Server Error: 0

[Microsoft][SQL Native Client]Unable to complete login process due to delay in opening server connection

If i directly punch the IP address of the server then it immediately shows me the company lists. When i select a company and then enter the sap user name (manager) and pwd then it takes almost 3-4 minutes to connect to the company.

Can anybody please help me out on this issue.

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I faced this same error message in my client side.

Symptoms:

1. SAP server is workin well and good, but client side have some of SQL Connection Probs Like. If we connect System name to the server name, it is not shown the company name but IP address giving take.

2. some of the addons are not workin as well in client side only.Its work good in SAP server system.

3. Sometime SAP hang in Client side when we close and reopen it works fine.

If u feel above this symptoms Plz shown below the Notes:

Notes:

When u put IP address, in Server name in client side it is networking Problem. Plz check ur networking engineer and things done.

Regards,

Manikandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I checked it out from SAP. They said that this problem is caused when multiple network card are installed on the sap server. They gave the below mentioned solution as a workaround:

SAP Business One client (not installed on the same machine as the

license service) might take several minutes to log you on successfully due to a delay in establishing a connection with the license server.

After logon, SAP Business One functions as expected.

This is due to the fact that the server or PC on which the license server is installed has more than one network card, or there is a dial-up & VPN interface-configured server.

Note: This can happen when you install the license service on a machine with more than one network card ALREADY installed.

Installing additional network cards on a single network card machine with a license service already installed might not produce this issue.

Other terms

SAP Business One, slow, login, log-in, delay, license, server, NIC, VPN, connection.

Reason and Prerequisites

Application error.

Solution

This issue is a candidate to be resolved in a future release.

Until then, you can use one of the following workarounds:

1.Disable additional network cards in the Network Connections. Also make sure there is no dialup interface or VPN interface set up, and restart the server. Note that you can re-enable the additional network card after the restart. This will resolve the issue until the next restart.

2.Install the license server on a machine with a single network card.

3.Disable all network cards, restart the license server and then enable the network cards again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Your issue is solved now.

Regards,

Manikandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a bug from SAP side which they need to resolve in future releases.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

Is it happened on one client only or all? Do you have any problems before upgrade?

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

The issue is happening only on client systems. It works fine on server. It was working fine before. Is it possible that it maybe possible after the patch upgrade to 11. I was previously using PL 10.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

It definitely related to your upgrade in your case. I am afraid your client installation has problem. Do a clean install of your client to see if the problem may go away. Otherwise, log a ticket to SAP support. It might be a bug.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please do couple of things for troubleshooting

1.Make sure you have Sql native client installed .

2. Configure your oDBC connection .

Hope this resolves your issue .

Thank you

Bishal