cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

completely stumped on the Submit button

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, i know this has been asked 20 times, but I've combed through them and still did not find a solution...

Using WDA & LCD 8.0 in a brand new SAP xRPM implementation - this is the first form we're developing on this landscape. The Submit button works on our other Logistics landscape.

I have an interactive form with the following properties:

displayType = native

enabled = X

onSubmit Event = ON_SUBMIT

The Layout = ZCI. I have gone through SFP and clicked on Insert WebDynpro Script as well.

In my Form I placed a Web Dynpro Native Submit button - its control type = Regular. SAP automatically brought in the code:

// DO NOT MODIFY THE CODE BEYOND THIS POINT - 800.20070410093956.383622.376748 - SubmitToSAP.xfo
ContainerFoundation_JS.SendMessageToContainer(event.target, "submit", "", "", "", "");
// END OF DO NOT MODIFY

When I click on the button, it seems as if it's not triggering the event in WDA - I have a breakpoint in the Method but it never gets there.

To make sure the code behind the CLICK is triggering, I put in some javascript to color a text box & it DOES go through the code and color to box however, it seems that there's no communication back to the WDA.

Any ideas? Could it be a service issue?

thanks,

RP.

Edited by: robert phelan on May 14, 2009 3:29 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like all you are missing is making sure you have added the Webdynpro Javascript library in your form. (look under Utilities in the top menu). No sweat over forgetting to add that..... I do that all the time too. haha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

I'm not seeing the Add Javascript Library option in Utilities... i've check Utilities under the Web Dynpro Screen and in my Adobe Form layout(SFP) but don't see it.

Is that for WD ABAP or WD Java?

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From the form editor/Livecycle Designer within the SAP GUI (t-code SFP), go to the very TOP menu (not the Livecycle Designer menu)

1. Click "Utilities"

2. Click "Insert Webdynpro Script".

You will see "ContainerFoundation_JS" added to your form. This allows your ZCI form to react appropriately.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

thanks.. I had actually done that, too. I do see the ContainerFoundation_JS under variables..

just spoke with our Basis guys & they think they may not have configured the new system properly and are looking in to it - hopefully they can find it on their end.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

YES! Blame BASIS! You are learning! hahahaha j/k

Glad to hear it's not on your end though. Hopefully they can get you up and running.

Former Member
0 Kudos

crud..basis just built a new instance of the ADS on our SP18 java stack and it's still not working.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have a note into OSS for this. hopefully they'll have a resolution

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, we finally have a solution for this issue.

SAP came back with note 1229392 - after applying and completing the manual steps indicated, our issue has been fixed.