cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalogue search to be modified

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We are working on SRM 4.0 with CCM 2.0.My query is that we need to modify the Catalogue Product Search i.e. after clicking the link for Catalogue,when i search for the Products,the Products should appear Plantwise i.e. based on the Plant to which the User/requisitioner belongs to(in the Org structure),only those Products which fall under that plant should be displayed.

Can anyone tell me how should I start with this development?will I need to modify any BSP for CCM???

Please help SRM Experts!!!

Regards,

Disha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Have you tried to create a multi-value characteristics, valuated with plant IDs for which this item is valid ?

Then create one view per plant ID.

Create one user ID = plant ID, assign the view ID.

In SRM catalog call BADI, replace the username by the plant ID taken for org structure.

Pros:

- no change of standard code

Cons:

- change of your catalog upload schema and content extraction to handle a plant multi-value attribute.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris/Disha

I think we can achive this by creating a Zsearch .

where in we will have to search the plant to which the user belongs and then fetch only that data from the marc table through an RFC call.

While fetching data fetch only for the plant to which the user belongs.

Check for Search - BBP_CATALOG_SC in SE11

regards,

Nimish Sheth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nimish,

I proposed this kind of solution to filter product search by plant in SRM.

But here, I understand that Disha wants the same thing in CCM search, not in SRM internal product search.

Disha, is this right ?

If yes, try to implement my proposal.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

Can you please suggest the name of Badi which you have mentioned in your earlier reply.

regards,

Nimish Sheth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christophe,

I also have a similar situation.

As per your input I did the following:

1. created a multivalue chara. eg. "plant of item" , entered manually the resp plantcode value from R/3 for the given item.

( I want to know how to do this automatically because i have 1000 items it's not possible to enter plantcode for every item.)

2. created one view per plant ID.

3. this step is not clear to me.

Requesting you to ellaborate !!!!

Pasting our business scenario for yr ready ref.

The business scenario is :

In R/3 we have

6000+ materials

9000users

30 plants

we have downloaded matls from R/3 to EBP with standard trans R3AS

further we have transferred 1000 matls out of these of particular prod category from EBP to CCM with report BBP_CCM_TRANSFER_CATALOG.

CCM has generated a catalog for these matls SRM_EXTRACTED_CTLG

we have integrated EBP & CCM.

EBP has org structure in place.

Employee makes SC in EBP and for catalog matls he uses the link of master catalog which is published.

He can see all the matls which are in master catalog.

Now the business requirement is " An employee should only see the catalog matls which are maintained in the plant to which he is assigned in EBP org structure".

Hope it's clear to you.

I am trying to go through VIEW route.

But there are two difficulties:

1. Even if I created "plant" characteristic in master catalog , it can not be filled auto. as there is no plant property in EBP for item.

2. A single matl can exist for many plants.

Can you give me some solution pl.?

Any queries are most welcome.

Best Regards,

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!!

I never have managed that situation and today I haven’t got access to the system, so brainstorming, I’m sorry.

I think it’s clear that you must use different views for different plants, so you will need a plant characteristic for the plant.

Regarding to the upload process.

I think it is possible that you can modify the middleware in order to put the plant for example in a customer table, so you would have the plant information in SRM (if not maybe you can access to this information in R/3 via RFC Call)

I think there are some possibilities

1) I don’t know well how the report BBCCM_TRANSFER_CATALOG works,

1a) It might be that the report execution pass for one of the CCMs BADI (if yes, It might be that you can look for the plant information via RFC call to the R/3 or via select to the customer table if you modify the middleware replication)

1b)I suppose you could copy it and modify it doing that in the selection include a RFC call to the R3 system trying to include the plant information during execution or accessing to your customer table with the plant information.

2) Other possibility could be make a customer report that creates a .csv file that include the different values for the plant characteristic.

As I said before I,ve never managed this situation,

Best regards

Jorge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Has anybody managed this situation??

BR

Dinesh

(Thanks for Jorge for yr attn.)

former_member184067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi all,

i'm facing the same problem.

i'm working in CRM 4, and i need to have a product catalog which can search product long description in e-portal.

currently i'm try to design our own product catalog which can be search by product long description. but before the making our own product catalog, i'm trying to search wheather this feature already available or not.

if this feature already available, could you guys tell me please.

regards

eddhie