cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register more than one gateway in an RFC destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenario where users are using 3rd party voice software and interacting with my SAP system via a registered RFC connection which is ........(syncronous)

The problem I have is all the RFC traffic is going through the central instance and basically swamping it.

I am assuming this is happening bacause the gateway settings are pointing at the cental instance.

Ideally I would like to spread the load around to the application servers we have.....a bit like load balancing.

Can I load balance the RFC traffic ???

Thanks

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read,

Note 593058 - New RFC load balancing procedure

That might put you in the right direction.

Regards

Juan

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member

Hi,

You question is not logical.

A registered RFC destination is used to execute RFC calls in an external system.

The concept of SAP load balancing for this registered destination has no meaning.

If your external system executes RFC calls inside the SAP system, then Load balancing is very useful.

But your external system must be able to use connection parameters using a logon group except of using directly the server and dispatcher port.

You need to set these parameters in the external system

Server

sapms<SID>

Logon group

instead of

Server

<Sysnr>

The only problem is that, in my experience, not all external systems are able to use load balancing...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for the reply.....

You are right it was not quite logical, but I wanted to ask the question just to sanity check myself and just to see if there was an unknown workaround......

To all the others who responded, I thank you and will be following up with the 3rd part Voice software vendor about RFC load balancing...

Best Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look at Note 103523

narsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

RFC traffic can be load balanced by using RFC Server Groups. See transaction RZ12 (and any related help documentation).

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Juan,

Already manoj given the same note, please check above reply...

It is just for the information.

With Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check if following is useful

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/64/32a5682e6a4e0cbb3f8a33970d11a8/content.htm]

For more information on RFC load balancing procedure see note 593058.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for the reply....though very informative it does not cover off my specific requirement.

Many Thanks