Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUIM :LONG PASSWORD 4 and SHORT PASSWORD 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When i run SUIM to see the password changes i found two texts in it.

LONG PASSWORD 4 and SHORT PASSWORD 1.

Can some please explain me the meaning of it.

Many thanks

Siddharth

4 REPLIES 4

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please elaborate more specifically when you got this long password 4...

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is telling you which code version was used when the password was changed. This is known from location where the history of the long (USRPWDHISTORY) or the short (USH02) hash.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

hi

when you go with suim and check the change documnets status just double click on the long password option you might see the difference between the changed part as the differnce between the old pass and the new once.

Thx

Shilpa

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

SUIM should provide an information on the changes that have taken place. For passwords this might be critical (even displaying the hash value might not be desired). So, a kind of abstraction is performed: the passwords are only enumerated: "password #1", "password #2", ...

This allows you to tell when a password was changed and at what point of time a password was potentially reused by the user.

As of NWAS ABAP 7.0 the system supports longer and case-sensitive passwords.

SUIM displays them as "long password" (actually it should be read as "potentially downwards-incompatible password"); whether those passwords are really longer than 8 characters or containing lower-case characters cannot be told (the system only has the password hash value).

Does this answer your question?

Regards, Wolfgang