cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samrtforms : how to fill short field in table in big email address ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

samrtforms : how to fill short field in table in big email address ?

the status now is that in long address , nothing is show in the column .

i have table with all the data of the receiver .

One of these parameters is the email address.

The problem is that the column is short for this data.

so....

How can i make the mail address proceed one line below in case of long mail address?

or in the bad case show part of the mail until the end of the column .

thanks .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can resize your window that fits the length of the email.

the number of characters in the email has to be taken into consideration.

Try the following steps for address window,

Right click the u201CFIRST New Pageu201D in the Left Sub-tree and from the Menu option u201CCreateu201D à select the u201CWindowu201D.

Double click the u201C%WINDOW1 New Window1u201D in the Left Sub-tree and enter the Window name and Description (e.x. Window = u201CADD_WINu201D and Description = u201CAddress Windowu201D)

Set the Left and Upper margins for the ADD_WIN as required.

Right click u201CADD_WIN Address Windowu201D in Left Sub-tree and from the Menu option u201CCreateu201D à select the u201CProgram Linesu201D.

Enter the Program Lines name and description (e.x. Program Lines = u201CADD_FETCHu201D and Description = u201CFETCHING COMPANY ADDRESSu201D)

Enter the Input Parameter as COMPANY_CODE and Export Parameter as V_ADRNR in the u201CGeneral attributesu201D Tab and write the select query as following:

SELECT SINGLE ADRNR INTO V_ADRNR

FROM T001 WHERE BUKRS EQ COMPANY_CODE.

(Note: Before writing the select query first declare the Variable V_ADRNR in the Global definitions area as follows:

V_ADRNR TYPE T001-ADRNR.

Right click the u201CADD_WIN Address Windowu201D in the Left Sub-tree and from the Menu option u201CCreateu201D à select the u201CAddressu201D.

Double click the u201C%ADDRESS1 New address1u201D and change the Address name and description (e.x. Address = COMP_ADD and Description = u201CCOMPANY ADDRESSu201D).

Select the Type of the address in the u201CGeneral attributesu201D Tab. (Since we are retrieving the Organization address, we selected the first radio button) and in the Address number text box pass the V_ADRNR Variable as &V_ADRNR&.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this long description ,

i have to say that i donu2019t understand what you ask/advice me to do .

My window is secondary,

i have two secondary window ,

One for the "FROM"

And the other is for the "TO"

in each window i have template with 8 lines ,

So i restrict to some fixed size .

I think that my best way is to insert the big mail address into short field in the size of the template

and what is truncate is what I can give them .

Thanks any way .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dakota,

You can take the length of the email address in INITIALIZATION part of SMARTFORM and based on the length you can take a variable X = 1 if length is ok to fit else X = 0 if length is greater than required size.

now add 2 texts fields to the same window.

First text with condition X = 1. (Here you keep character size normal using your smartstyle).

Second text condition X = 0. (Here you reduce your character size using your smartstyle).

This way you really don't have to truncate as i know your client would not agree with the idea of truncating.

Instead reduce the size of the alphabets even change your FONT if possible.

Hope this idea would be helpful .

Cheers,

Suvendu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If table is defined in a main window, if it doesn't fit in the column it will print remaining under it. If you define it in normal window it gets truncated or you are printing in a template too it will get truncated.

Try to print it in a main window.