cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert SMS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to send sms for the alerts which are in Alert Inbox.

These are the setting which i have done at present.

1.In SU01 tcode for my userid in mobile no text box i have given 0 followed by mobile number n in another userid we have give 91 followed by mobile no.

2. I have made the settings in SCOT tcode as

domain : airtelkk.com -

> as it is to send message to karnataka no(India)

and Address : *

using SMTP node which i used for sending emails from Alert Inbox (which were sent successfully).

3. In Alert Inbox , Personalize link i have checked the SMS check box n saved the settings.

I am getting email to my personal id but i am not receiving any Message to my mobile.

can any one guide me how to receive the alert message to the mobile ?

Regards,

Syed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for replies,

The problem is with our internal sever, If i send a message to the same no using gmail its working fine.

I have configured SAP connect in SICF tcode. I tried sending message to mobile through outlook, Its blocked by internal server. As the SMTP server used to send message through PI is same , i am unable to send the messages.

I just verified to send a message to mobile no through outlook using 91(mobile no)@airtelkk.com, its not received on mobile, but if sent via yahoo or gmail i can receive it. I think its blocked by our internal server to particular email id's.

Regards,

Syed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/xi/smtpConfigurationinSAPXI

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the response,

I have done all the settings as mentioned in the links , I am trying to use the feature provided in alert configuration Personlize link .

I am not using external webservice link to send messages.

I have done the changes in SA14 n made a new entry as

Pager Serv : SMS

Use : SMS Service.

Still unalbe to receive any messages to my mobile,

Any other settings i have to complete to receive messges ?

Regards,

Syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed

Check this link

/people/matt.kangas/blog/2006/06/27/personalized-alert-delivery

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umer,

Its a small doubt from my side. I hope you didn forget to activate your SAPConnect through SICF Tcode.

Regards,

Vineetha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, is there a way you can check with your service provider (Airtel) to see if they allow this type of feature,a lot of times they can block it.

Thanx

Aamir

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you seem to have done most of the settings:)

check scenario 2 from the document:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5474f19e-0701-0010-4eaa-97c...

Also check outthe last two responses from this thread...seem really interesting:

just for reference...you may have already seen it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you using SMTP to send SMS.

From the link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/2b/d927734b8a11d1894c0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm -

In SCOT,

i. Next to Pager (SMS), choose Settings.

ii. Enter the address area of the recipient addresses that are to be reached using this node. In general, * is used if all text messages (pager/SMS) are to be sent using SMTP.

iii. Enter the domain of the text message (pager/SMS) server or provider under Conversion into Internet Address. The system generates the local part of the Internet address automatically. The address therefore takes this format: SMS=+RecipientNumber@Domain.

iv. Confirm your selection.

Also please find the another point too from SAP Note:455140

Important: To be able to use paging or SMS in the SAP system, names must be defined for the messaging services to be used (e.g. "SMS"). You can do this using transaction SA14.

Regards,

Vineetha.