cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating infobject > 60 char

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I need to know if there's a way to create an infobject of type character with a length longer than 60. Currently the limit is 60 in BW.

Sap have indicated there is a technical limitation and 60 char is the max for BW. In R/3 the field length is 100 char - we need to accommodate this in BW.

Any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Mona

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mona,

may be this is of some help: /people/siegfried.szameitat/blog/2005/07/18/text-infoobjects-part-1

Additionally make a search on the forums for keywords like '> 60 characters', 'long texts' ...

We already had that discussion a few times.

regards

Siggi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mona,

I worked on this issue. From where u r getting the data. In TR u need to break up the object into 2 info objects.

Later u can concatenate the objects. I can send the code also.

Dont forget to assign points if it is useful.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Thanks for your reply. Gettin the data from R/3 Treasury. Please can you tell m how, what needs to be done to get the field to read 100 char. You can send the code to monana@nedbank.co.za

Thanks a mil

Mona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Thanks for your reply. Gettin the data from R/3 Treasury. Please can you tell me how, what needs to be done to get the field to read 100 char. You can send the code to monana@nedbank.co.za

Thanks a mil

Mona

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Mona,

as mentioned, create 2 infoobjects e.g ziobj1 and ziobj2 with data type char length 60, and e.g data from treasury has field name abcd, then you can split that 100 char to 2 infobjects in transfer rules, use 'routine', create routine and choose field abcd, and code for ziobj1

result = tran_structure-abcd+0(60).

and ziobj2

result = tran_structure-abcd+60(60).

to merge back the description in reporting, you can follow using table interface doc

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0aca990-0201-0010-0380-f3a...

take a look threads discuss this

hope this helps.