Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms rotated label text on same line

aidan_mulcahy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two questions. Any input to either will be appreciated.

Using ECC6/Smartforms/Zebra Z6MPlus

1. I have a label on which I need to print the address rotated 90 degrees. Using ^FWN I have rotated the window and the address is printed rotated. Except, all the lines are outputing on the same line. When I remove the rotation they output on four horizontal lines. It looks like carriage return line feed is missing. I have tried, using the Smartforms paragraph '\', to put in a line feed but no success.

2. One field contains "Customer Reference Number 4452031". Horizontaly, it prints perfectly. Verticaly, only "Customer Reference Number" is printed. I have made the window that the text is in huge so that it should be both wide and high enough

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the below windows where they are starting and check is they are overwriting the present window.

Thanks,

Suma.

aidan_mulcahy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks.

1. I actually removed all windows except the one I am using and it still doesn't print the entire line. It seems to have a maximum length but I can't see where?

2. I am using smartforms, not SAPScript. I will see if I can introduce a PRINT-CONTROL command in the SF.

aidan_mulcahy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

1. I spoke to a guy in Zebra (very helpful) and he said that I must create a seperate window for each line. Very annoying, but looks like I have no other option.

2. This is where the 'bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh' is coming in. I must have been doing some copy and pasting because there was a TAB included in the text which was stopping everything else coming out. I removed that and it works now.

Thanks all.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this.

There is a command in the ZPL-II printercontrol language that rotates each individual field by 90 degrees (clockwise). If you insert this command into the output data stream using the u201Ccommand nodesu201D mechanism asdescribed below under u201CPrinter Settingsu201D, you will achieve the rotation of individual fields at printout. However, you must adjust the position of the fields (or windows) in the form to obtain a "landscape" printout, as Smart Forms and the printer driver are not aware of the rotation. Therefore, define the Smart Form with the "portrait"orientation. For the rotation, add a command node, for example in the MAIN window. Inthis command node, enter the following under "spool control", "free attributes":

Attribute name: S_LZPL_SETUP

Attribute value: '^FWR'

The LZPL printer driver sends the ^FWR command to the printer at the beginning of the label and causes a rotation of the output fields.

Regards

aidan_mulcahy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

yes, that is what I did to achieve the rotation. The issue I had was different. Solved now. Thanks anyway

former_member205144
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

How did you use the following to achieve the requirement ?

Attribute name:     S_LZPL_SETUP                               

Attribute value:    '^FWR'

Regards

Lavanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.