cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP LSO system to XI Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently i am working on SAP LSO system integration with External system(Skill soft) using PI.

Has anyone successfully used standard LSO XI services to integrate with external Learning vendors?Could you please give me the steps or let me know how you implemented the scenario( SAP LSO system--> XI -- > Web service).

Thanks in advance

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all your reply.

Let me give you more details of my scenario.

1) Commnication is from SAP LSO System to Third Party(Skill Soft) through PI.

2) I am following this approach - Client Proxy>XI>Web service(SkilSoft) and it will be synchronous call.

3) From portal user can Book,Lauch,cancel or Track the course and will get response back to SAP LSO system/portal from Skill Soft.

Please do let me know what steps i need to follow in XI and what kind of settings i need to do in SAP system as data is traversing from Portal>ECC>PI>Third Party (Skill Soft) and vice versa (Request & Response)

Please help me out i am new to Proxies.

Thanks in advance

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

As you are using Proxy approach you have to create a synchronus proxy.

In IR there will be two mapping:

1. for request parameter

2. for response parameter.

Both your interface must be synchronus.

Also use synchronous receiver soap adapter.

Thanks

Kasturika Phukan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Anku,

Since we are also looking at similar sceanrio for integration with external solutions, can you give details on the implementation?

Thx

vvs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am working on a similar scenario of LSO integration with Skillsoft via PI. I have already referred the PDF XI Configuration for SkillSoft Integration.

The flow of interface in my scenario is

Portal(FrontEnd) <-> ECC(BSP Application at Backend) <-> PI <---> External Learning Vendor(SkillSoft).

1) Commnication is from SAP LSO System to Third Party(Skill Soft) through PI(XI).

2) It will be synchronous call.

3 ) From portal user should be able to register, book,Lauch, or Track the course and will get response back to SAP LSO system/portal from Skill Soft.

4) Portal is the frontend and backend is the BSP application(HCM_Learning).

Can you please let me know the details how to handle this scenario and pass the parameters like customerid, assetid,courseid etc to PI(XI). Also let me know what would be the best approach to follow in this scenario..Is there any BAPI / RFC available for this scenario.

Please guide me how to pass data(like customerid, learnerid...etc) to PI from Once the user clicks to register/book/launch the course

Thanks

Shikha Jain

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume that for SAP LSO the underlying architecture is R3.

If thats the case, then IDocs, RFCs and ABAP proxies can be used to connect to XI

Else if the system is able to generate Files or expose its implementation in terms of Webservice/eWebservices then File adapter or the SOAP adapter can be used to initiate communication.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anku,

Depending upon what type of interfacing mechanism SAP LSO uses, the scenario would technicaly boil down to one of the following

Client Proxy - > XI -> SOAP

IDOC - > XI -> SOAP

RFC/BAPI - > XI -> SOAP

There are a lots of example for all these scenarios in the forum.

Search for those.

Regards