cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report to see user type and roles assigned to users in EP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a) Is there any reporting mechanism in EP? Any specific report which throws up user types and roles assigned to the users? There is an option of 'Export' in the user management role but unfortunately it does not give information on User Type.

b) If the group is assigned a role, How can we see ( in any report) the roles assigned to a group? In the 'export' option of the 'User Management' this information does not come.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are no formal reports in UME. It is an interactive tool. It is also assumed that with a productive system you have the users and groups stored in another source, such as LDAP or ABAP.

There are some APIs which can be used to write your own reports. Meanwhile, you can use the /useradmin tool to find the infromtaion you need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Michael!

But as per my understanding, the list of users in UME might be different from ABAP stack. Then in that case how to get the list of users from EP?

Also, could you please tell me what is useradmin tool? Does that come along with EP installation?

Could you also pls let me know, is there a parameter in ABAP which shows the user is created in UME or ABAP?

Thanks

former_member206159
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By default Portal UME comes along with the installation of portal.

Sometimes we may integrate external users using LDAP. At that time users come from ABAP stack or some active directories. But you can also create users in the portal UME. The purpose of using LDAP is to maintain the users centrally rather than creating again in portal.

You can check them in user administration->identity management and search for the users.

THere you can see some users will be from UME and some from LDAP.

User Admin tool is nothing but User Administration only.

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

May I know is there a way which tells me which user is from which data source (LDAP/ UME/ ABAP)when I get list from identity management?

Thanks!

former_member206159
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you search for a users. you will get a list of users in the table. there itself you can see

As an example

abc portal ume

xyz LDAP

just check it..... if you go into user account details theere you can clearly see from which datasource the user is coming. It is just self explanatory.

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you search in the /useradmin tool you can select the data source.