Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Variables, Debugger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Can anybody please tell me if therz any demo program to clear funda of system variables (specially in case of Internal Tables)

Also whenever i m debugging any program ..instead of the code in program ..sm different code is appearing

Can anybody plz tell me the reason for that and whatz the right approach??

Thanks in Advance

Message was edited by: Rashmi Agrawal

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rashmi,

WELCOME TO SDN..

regarding going on to different program while debugging may be due to various reasons 1. it could be because of the usage of SUBMIT statement 2. if some Include Program exists 3. if u'r form is defined in another programd and perform exists in current program and so on .... so as to come out of that press F6 button then u will be back to the program where u are debugging....

you can do the system funda refreshing in

http://help.sap.com/

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

SYST is a structure , you should use transaction SE11 to view the same.

check out the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/7b/fb96c8882811d295a90000e8353423/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

These are following system variables used while dealing with system variable

Sy-TABix -

> indicates the cursor of the current indexof table when u loop or read

sy-index -

> loops,Number of current passes

etc

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi ,

may be you have activated the SYSTEM DEBUGGING, try to close your Sessions and <b>log off</b> and <b>relogin</b> and try debugg. don't set SYsyem debugging or Update Debugging.

<b>i think in your case they are System Debugger is set.</b>

Regards

vijay

0 Kudos

Hi guyz

thanks for your responses

actually that i know we use st-tabix, s-subrc etc in Internal Tables.. i have gone thru theory portion

now i wann see how these things can be implemented practically and for that is there any demo program than will clear the funda

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Hi,

Go thru the transaction code ABAPDOCU.

U might find some examples.

Regards,

GSR.