cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting the LSMW object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have created the LSMW new object in testing system and i want to transfer that object in Production system.

When i created the object, it was not asking for package and hence i have not created the TR for that object.

How can i create the TR for this object ?

Regards,

Dhiraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Go to LSMW (Give your project, subproject and object) -> Extras > Create change reqeust.

Regards,

Naimesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have two ways of moving a LSMW project from Test to other system, one is creating a transport request and other is export/import.

If you use Transport request option, then remember all the objects under the project for which you are creating the transporting request would be deleted and then recreated in Production system.

Other and the one I prefer is exporting the LSMW project and then importing it into any system you would like. (Menu Path is Export->Export Project). The advantages of using this approach is that you can manually select the objects which you would like to export and only those would be deleted/created new in Production system.

Guess it also depends on the company policies some companies are stringent about using TRANSPORT request for all changes.