cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Control default Styles(Font,BGColor,Size) for WPC Objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is Ganesh, Current i am working on Content Migration Using WPC.Now My Question, while we are creating the Site Content using WPC(Like Articles, Paragraph's, etc...), while we are typing the content for Article, its showing in one font, after creation of article,while we are previewing of the Article , its showing in Blue Color Letter's and Shade Blue back ground and also Coming font big in size.

If i am creating the paragraph, while we are previewing the its Displaying in Black Color.

From where the details of font, size and back ground colors are coming in WPC objects.and if they have to modified, how can it be done?

Where We can Control the Default Styles for WPC Content Creation Objects.If Possible how to modify?

Please provide some valuble inputs for my Query???

Thanks in Advance

Krishna Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205624
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

To change the style (font, color and Background color) you needs to modify the .css file.

You already know the path for .css file. And the changes are permanent.

To change the .css file online and offline there is a very good utility tool available i.e. SAP KM Portal

Drive. Use Portal Drive and modify the styles as per your requirement.

You can check my article in wiki for installing and using Portal Drive.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ganesh,

When you are trying to create web content using article web form the page is rendered using the XSL corresponding to the article web form. The XML corresponding to this web form denotes what elements need to make up the article web form. The XSL and XML corresponding to article web form can be found in /etc/wpceditor/styles and /etc/wpceditor/types folder. You will need to introspect the XSL file corresponding to article web form from /etc/wpceditor/styles folder and take a note of the styles used in the XSL for converting to html.

The styles referred in the XSL can be found in the /etc/wpceditor/runtime folder. Probably in the files content.css, sdn_general.css or sdn_app.css. Modifying these styles will affect the look and feel. Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay Kumar,

Thanks for ur response, i navigated to etc/wpceditor/css/Content Editor there i found csin.css and wpc_editor.css , is it right way to change the font values here it self..

etc > wpceditor > css > designtime >Sdn_designtime.css

etc > wpceditor > css > runtime >content.css , sdn_apps.css, sdn_general.css

In the etc/wpceditor/Styles , here i found all the content editing templates .xsl files, now how to change the styles for these templates..

If i change the template.xsl here it self , these settings will be permenant right???

Can you give some brief solution..

Thanks In Advance

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ganesh,

You are absolutely right. If you modify the xml, xsl and css files supplied by the standard SAP it will affect all the users. Please note that whenever you need to modify the css, you need to do the same in /etc/wpceditor/css/runtime folder. Modification of the css in /etc/wpceditor/css/designtime folder is not of any use.

If you do not want the changes made to the style to affect all other users, it is always wiser and recommended to create your own custom webform. Some webforms like Article, Link List, banner, teaser etc are provided by SAP. If you want to create your own webform and apply the style to that webform alone then you need to follow the process of creating custom webforms in WPC.

In order to change the style you need to understand a bit of XML and XSL transformation.

You can refer to the following sdn help for the same - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/599b78b0aa3bdde10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Hope it helps. Let me know if you need any further clarification.