Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling internal URL - need a hint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have the following problem:

I made the portal accessable via the internet. I'm using the reverse proxy with port 80. Everything is working fine! I can logon and navigate thru the portal.

But iViews calling an internal URL (App integrator iViews) are not working. Only when I'm using the IP adress insted of the DNS name.

But also is with the IP adress they are not working in the way would expect.

Does anybody has a hint for me where to look?

Thanks

Olaf

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olaf,

You can use relative path for an internal URL (without protocol, hostname and port) such as /irj/portal....

Reagrds,

Sergei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergei,

That is okay for portal links! But they are working anyway.

What I was talking about, was internal URL like http://webservice.domain.local/exchange

Thanks

Olaf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olaf,

Could you provide me with more details of your scenario? Do you use reverse proxy exposed outside in order to access to your internal servers (such as MS Exchange) or don't?

Regards,

Sergei

Former Member
0 Kudos

H Sergei,

of course I can.

I have a private network with a Portal running on SAP NW04 SP15. There are several web services in the network as well. This is for example Outlook web access or other web services. These services have an internal DNS Name like hostname.domain.local/servicename. I have an internal DNS Server which can resolve these names.

When I now access my portal thru my firewall from the internet everything in the portal ist working, but all iviews pointing to an internal DNS can not resolved! I think the reason that my client in the internet can not resolve the internal DNS name. Which is clear because the interent does not know my private network? But the portal server is going to render the iview should be able to resolve this DNS, because the server is member of the internal network and is using my internal DNS server to resolve names.

I hope it is clear now where my problem is.

Thanks

Olaf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olaf,

Now it's clear. The problem is that App Integrator iView doesn't work as proxy as you expect. It returns to the browser the link got from URL field. It means that you have to provide your users with direct access to other Webservers (with network address translation and configuring of external DNS) or use third-party reverse proxy (such as IISProxy).

Portal doesn't do that work at least at the moment. Of course you can try to write your own appIntegrator iView, but there is a lot of work:(

Reagrds,

Sergei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergei,

so there is no other solution than write my own iView. :-(((

Thanks a lot!

Regards

Olaf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olaf,

I suppose reverse proxy is the easiest one. Generally it depends from your security policy. We expose OWA and SAP BW outside, but for some particular web applications such as Web Cameras we wrote special iView.

Regards,

Sergei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergei,

do you know if there any third partie iViews available on the internet?

I first need only simple iView calling an internal web page and display the content in an iview.

Regerads

Olaf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olaf,

Unfortunately I don't know third-party iViews.

The "calling an internal web page and display the content" is not so easy as it sounds. I'll try to explain. The web page usually is not alone. It contains links to other objects, such as images, scripts, transition links, etc. iView should parse the html content of the page and change these links to URL of iView. For instance if you have image on your page with source address "/dir/image.gif" the proxy iView should replace it to "<URL of iView>?address=<your_internal_server_ address>/dir/image.gif".

Regards,

Sergei

Answers (0)