cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSA and languages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am facing a strange issue on MSA. Our system is SAP CRM 2007 SP00.

I have deployed MSA in four different languages, in particular english, french, german and italian. The application has been generated precisely and I can choose the languages from the options menu on the login screen (development workstation).

I have created a MUP to upgrade our mobile client using "Deploy BDOC Changes", "Deploy BOL Changes", "Deploy UI Changes". Then I have checked the right application and the four languages available in the system. Then I have sent the upgrade through the middleware.

I have run the conntrans on the mobile client, the upgrade has been installed correctly.

When I run the MSA I can choose just two languages english and french from the options menu on the login screen.

I have checked the directory C:\Program Files\sap\Mobile\App.Net\MSC\Layout and I can see the right language installation for EN, FR, DE and IT.

Any idea?

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Alberto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

naved_ahmed
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Alberto,

On the Mobile Client machine, please check UIFConfig.uifcfg file in the \SAP\Mobile\App.Net\MSA folder. All the languages present in this file will be present in the application login.

Please check if the correct file UIFConfig.uifcfg is present.

Please also check if you have selected all the required languages in the Upgrade Console while creating the MUP.

Regards,

Naved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naved,

Thank you for the fast answer.

I have selected all the required languages in the Upgrade Console while creating the MUP.

I have checked the UIFConfig.uifcfg and all the languages are present, as shown below:

<languages>

<DefaultLanguage>EN</DefaultLanguage>

<EN Description="English">

<TimeFormat> </TimeFormat>

<DateFormat> </DateFormat>

</EN>

<DE Description="German">

</DE>

<IT Description="Italian">

</IT>

<FR Description="French">

</FR>

</languages>

Thanks and regards,

Alberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alberto

Please follow the below steps to solve this issue.

1. Go to the location %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\SAP AG and delete the folder called

'CRM Mobile Sales Application'

2. Go to the location %mobilerootdir%\App.Net\MSA and delete the folder called 'Runtime'

3. Now launch the application and verify that you will get all the languages in the Login screen.

Regards

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have solved the issue following these steps:

1) Open the UIFConfig.uifcfg

2) Make a trivial modification to the file (add a space or something else)

3) Save

The languages are now available from the options menu on the login screen.

Is there anyone who can explain me why the system behaves in this way?

Kind regards,

Alberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alberto

Root cause for this issue, earlier you had only two languages in that machine and now you must be deploying another two languages. But the personalization files are not cleared. UI framework will use the user specific personalization files to load the configuration. If you delete the folders as i mentioned in my previous reply, it will clear off all the files and will create new set of files with all information.

Regards

shankar

naved_ahmed
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You must have cleared the personalization file. Hence the Application is able to pickup the latest UIConfig file from \MSA folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alberto

Yes there is a reason for this, either you could have followed the steps mentioned in my previous reply.

or to cahnge file modification date with some blank change

when UI framework will load these configuration files from User profile folders, it will validate the configuration files based on the last modified time stamp and some other criterias. Since you had made some blank entry in UIFCONFIG.uicfg and which intern had changed the file modification date. Now validation will fail for UIFCOnfig.uicfg file, file with latest stamp will be copied to user profile folder and will be used for launcing the application.

Both the approaches would solve the issue

guess i had answered your query.

Best regards

shankar

Answers (0)