Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

conversion of non uni code to unicode

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can you tell me that how do we convert an non unicode to a unicode version in a system.

and as well how do we convert a non unicode system to a unicode system

i want the procedure that how do we convert into this version in an upgradation

or can you help me with some link or some documents for the same.

please respond soon

thanks,

shanky

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your previous thread . I have replied over there .

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> can you tell me that how do we convert an non unicode to a unicode version in a system.

Check the for your system relevant conversion guides at

[Unicode @ SAP|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/i18n?rid=/webcontent/uuid/c09cb763-f841-2a10-bcb1-d4cc8973e1eb] [original link is broken];

> and as well how do we convert a non unicode system to a unicode system

What is the difference to your first question?

> i want the procedure that how do we convert into this version in an upgradation

Read "Combined Upgrade & Unicode Conversion (CU&UC)" on the above link.

Markus

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi all,

all Unicode conversion guides are now attached to notes.

The CU&UC guide is attached to SAP note 928729. This is the only way to download the Guide.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

SAP AG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is Unicode?

In non-Unicode system, each character is represented with 8 bit code. Unicode provides a unique number for every character independent of platform, program, and language.

Unicode is a 16-bit code to represent universal character set, which is used to facilitate a better exchange of data between different systems.

E.g.: problems that may arise when communicating systems use different code pages. These problems mainly arise, because a code page is only applicable to specific languages and cannot be combined at with other code pages. Using Unicode helps you avoid these problems.

Unicode Compliance

Transaction UCCHECK

The transaction UCCHECK is used to find Unicode related issues. You can use transaction UCCHECK to examine a Unicode program set for syntax errors without having to set the program attribute "Unicode checks active" for every individual program. From the list of Unicode syntax errors, you can go directly to the affected programs and remove the errors. It is also possible to automatically create transport requests and set the Unicode program attribute for a program set.

check the below link for total procedure of how to upgrade

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/304b9de6-f84f-2b10-94af-e5ff7461...

Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is Unicode?

In non-Unicode system, each character is represented with 8 bit code. Unicode provides a unique number for every character independent of platform, program, and language.

Unicode is a 16-bit code to represent universal character set, which is used to facilitate a better exchange of data between different systems.

E.g.: problems that may arise when communicating systems use different code pages. These problems mainly arise, because a code page is only applicable to specific languages and cannot be combined at with other code pages. Using Unicode helps you avoid these problems.

Unicode Compliance

Transaction UCCHECK

The transaction UCCHECK is used to find Unicode related issues. You can use transaction UCCHECK to examine a Unicode program set for syntax errors without having to set the program attribute "Unicode checks active" for every individual program. From the list of Unicode syntax errors, you can go directly to the affected programs and remove the errors. It is also possible to automatically create transport requests and set the Unicode program attribute for a program set.

check the below link for total procedure of how to upgrade

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/304b9de6-f84f-2b10-94af-e5ff7461...

Regards,

Madhu