cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass upload through Web Dynpro application possible?

a_heut
Participant
0 Kudos

We want to develop a custom aplication with Web Dynpro ABAP for master data maintenance. About 90 % will be done manually but we also want to have the possibility to do mass uploads (comparable with LSMW's in SAP R3 for win gui transactions: users send us a spreadsheet and we load it for them using a LSMW). I found one option by building Adobe Interactive form offline scenario using xml messages but I don't want to be forced to use Adobe only to enable mass uploads that will only happen in 10 % of the cases.

I am loking forward to your suggestions!

kind regards

Angelique Heutinck

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member40425
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through this link.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Rohit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

a_heut
Participant
0 Kudos

I got a very useful answer from Thomas Jung (SAP) via a site he did setup with a couple of other SAP experts, also see http://enterprisegeeks.com/blog/2009/03/31/abap-freak-show-april-1st-acf-updownload-in-web-dynpro-ab...

My question:

I think this new UI element ACFUpDownload cannot be used to do mass uploads/updates of data that need to be stored in SAP tables?

Answer Thomas:

This UI element is just about the transfer of data from the client machine to the server. It has nothing to do with how the data is used or processed after upload. Think of it as the equal to the CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES class and methods GUI_UPLOAD and GUI_DOWNLOAD.

My question:

Is there a tool like LSMW, CATT, eCATT that we can use for recording webenabled transactions (applications developed in Web Dynpro ABAP)?

Answer Thomas:

You shouldnu2019t need a tool like LSMW, CATT, eCATT that is tied to the user interface. With WDA you should be using MVC to design your application. This is part of the reason for MVC so that you have a clear separation of the model - business logic. You should always have a reusable class that can be called to input and create data with the same validations without going through the user interface. This is the process that SAP is following as we create new WDA screens. We use the enterprise services and their implementation classes as the Model for the WD Components. This ensures that you always have a clear API to use to mass import data.

Although we wouldnu2019t recommend doing any kind of mass data load via the user interface any longer - eCATT will be supported for automated testing of Web Dynpro ABAP applications as of NetWeaver 7.0 Enhancement Package 2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer web dynpro component WDR_TEST_EVENTS for the example and in it please check the view FILEUPLOAD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the ACF_UP_DOWNLOAD UI element in the latest versions for the same.

Check out the class cl_wd_acf_up_download.

Regards,

Lekha