cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First logon Password Expiry Page Customization for self registration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have implemented self registration on our Portal. The Problem is... when some user self registers and then tries to access the Portal, Password reset page opens. First time login - password expiry page. The registered user then needs to change the password and then only can access the portal.

Is there some ume property that i can set so that this page is not visible? ... or may be i can by pass this setting?

Please help,

Alpana

Edited by: Alpana Phalke on May 15, 2009 10:50 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think there is any escape to this.

Self-registered user must change their password when loggin in again .

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/44/0761cea5c610b3e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm]

however, making user's Security Policy (making it Technical Users) disables this feature..but I dont know if we can do that for self registerd users...(never tried that)

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/4e/225b42eeb66255e10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

-Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

Thanks ... the links are good ...

Technical users are used for system to system connection and thus their passwd's never expire. Do you think it wud be safe to assign generic users as technical users? Then there passwords would never expire ... not just for the 1st login. Also i am not sure how these users work ... i mean do they have any other privileges? Is it a risk?

Let me know your views,

Alpana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its never a good practice to make self-registering users Technical User for technical users can be considered authenticated..i can see them more or less analogous to users having Developemnt rights....

Technical users advantage is while communicating with other system..Also, used while communication between AS JAVA and ADS (Adobe Document Services) providing their ids are configured in the other system, we can use them in SSO..

- Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmmm ... thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shankar_agarwal
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think it can be done in UME configuration.Just chk whwether there is a setting for asking user to change password on first login.

Best Regards

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Thanks ...

Nope i did not come across any UME property ... :(.. had checked. There is one ume.logon.security_policy.password_change_allowed which authorizes the user modify the password if set true. But i was unable to find any UME property to NOT ask the user to change the password for 1st time logon :(.

-Alpana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Self registration adds the user to the Everyone group. Maybe you can add a feature in the masthead area that turns off the 'must change your password' flag. Not tested or tried - just an idea!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael ....

Will definitely try that. Will post the result if it works

-Alpana