cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver Jave Edition - User/password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there.

I installed the current 90 day trail version on my local PC. My Problem is that I can´t log on to Visual Admin or Web SAP NetWeaver Administrator.

From what I´ve learned so far the default User should be 'Administrator' (even tried J2EE_ADMIN although I have a standalone install) with password 'admin' or 'sap'. All these combinations did not work out. I always get a 'user/password denied' Message (Direct Connection/localhost:50004/Administrator/admin).

-

-

#1.5#C000A9FE0202000000000000013D28E30004114B3ABBDF88#1144914712453#/System/Server/VisualAdministrationTool##com.sap.engine.services.adminadapter.gui.tasks.LoginTask#######Thread[Thread-3,5,main]##0#0#Error#1#/System/Server/VisualAdministrationTool#Plain###Error while trying to login to localhost: Cannot authenticate the user.#

-

-

Activating the Superadmin with the configtool leads to a CRITICAL Error and a Java-GUI termination when I try to apply my changes.

Connecting to MaxDB directly via SQL Studio won´t work either (localhost/no port/SUPERDBA/admin).

The SDM password for deploying from NDS is not 'sdm'.

Somehow I could not find ANY help files regarding passwords and installation troubleshooting for this trail install. This forum really gave me some good clues and infos but log on the the server is still not possible.

If you have any ideas, please let me know. Any advice is geatly appreciated.

Elmar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Elmar,

you give a password during installation. you should use that password to login. you may reset the same by doing the following.

Go to the config tool,click on com.sap.security.core.ume.service(under services in the global server configuration).Under the global properties tab click on the "ume.superadmin.activated" and set this as TRUE(This will be FALSE by default).Then set any password for the "ume.superadmin.password".Restart the cluster for the changes to take effect.Now login into portal using SAP* and the password that you had set, go to user administration and see if the user "Administrator" is locked and if so release it and try again after restoring the default values in the config tool as no other user can be logged in while SAP* ia active.

Your default SDM Password will be admin. try to use it.

rgds

ak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your response! The passwords that are entered during installation are the ones for the windows service users not for administrative use.

Somehow the default passwords didn´t work (as mentioned in my first post). Config Tool would not save properly (as mentioned in my first post). Anyway, in case anyone has the same problem... here is, what made it work for me:

I have multiple JDK´s on my System. Netweaver found a suitable SDK during installation. The administrative Tools don´t use this found JDK but rely on java_home path. The tricky thing about the config tool is that it will start and behave normaly until you try to apply your changes.

Easy solution is to set the java_home path and make it use the correct jdk. That way you can activate the Superuser und reset the passwords and/or create own users.

Best regards,

Elmar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have set the property ume.superadmin.activated = TRUE. When I tried to set new custom value for ume.superadmin.password, the system prompted me : Incorrect Value : The value is not the same as previous value.

Please help, in this case how can I set the value of SAP* in order to reset my administrator password that has been locked.

regards

Rafidah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

please check wether you hve the correct jdk verions in youtr path for the SAP web AS sp pack you have installed.

regards

rajeshkr

Former Member
0 Kudos

by default, the password for super admin SAP* is <i>pass</i>. Try it out.

Regards

Ak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rafidah,

I am having the same problem with resetting the password.

The value is not the same as previous value.

did you ever solve your problme? If yes, could you please tell me what you did.

Thanks in advanced,

David