cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get server name in the UDS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

How to get the real server name (eg. PI server) via BLS?

Sometimes we configured PIUDS, we inputed and stored the value of the "server" parameter. so how to get the value in the transactions?

Thanks and looking forward to your answers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You go through this thread.This will help you how to get the server name via BLS.

Try this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried this and got the server name which I defined by myself but not the real server-name value. I will try the way using iHistorian. I have no experience about this, may take a little time. thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron

What is the real server name value? In one of my project i have done according to that thread's solution and got the all server name.You can share your email id so that i will share a sample transaction.

Edited by: Manisha Batabyal on May 15, 2009 1:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

eg. I configured a PI UDS named MyPIUDS

MyPIUDS:

DataSource:PIUDS.DataSource

Port:8085

Server:americanpiserver1

userid:american

password:german

I wanna get the value of "server"--->"americanpiserver1". Can you tell explain me the details? Thanks^^

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These properties are only known at the UDS level, since the only touch point between MII and the UDS service are through TCP/IP on a port. The MII Data Server does not have any impact on these settings, nor is there a standard mode or service that allows you to interrogate the underlying UDS system for a property specific to the UDS configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Is it appropriate to load information from C:\WINDOWS\UDS.xml?

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assuming the UDS co-exists on the MII server then using an XMLLoader to read the file is a possibility, but I still don't see the relevance of knowing specific UDS configuration properties within your application.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Failed to get server name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron

You have to create connections to your iHistorian server from MII server.Then through Tag query, you can get the values and that query you use in your BLS.

Hope this may help you.