cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ecatt-log export rfc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have some problems with my logfile-export and hope, that you can help me.

I`m using a java-application to execute some transactions in ecatt. so, now i have the log-files. My problem is, with which function can i export the log file to my java application?

I just have found some functions, but they do not work, or I do not know how.

for example, i used the function "ecatt_store_log", where i can give the para "log-ig" (example: 0000000002) and a xml-file. but i do not know where the xml-file is? i think it is now a new ghost in my system.

so, i hope you can understand my problem (my english is realy bad). sorry.

thanks a lot for your help

Hans

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_dinkel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Hans,

as far as I understood you're starting some eCATT executions from a Java application and now want to retrieve the log data from the eCATT system in order to display it in your application. If this is what you want the only possible way is to implement a own function module in the eCATT system which reads the data from the according log database tables. In order to learn how to do that you can have a look at the already existing function module ECATT_LOG_DISPLAY.

Best regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you are right, but i think i have an idea.

First, i will run one "ecatt_execute", where i get some params, amongst others the log_id.

So now, i can run the ecatt_execute again with my log_id as param.

- Start GUI with secatt

- menu goto - logs

- input log_id (param)

- execute

- expand all nodes

- log display - print preview

- system - list - save - local file

- html format

- give name

- confirm save

//java will do the rest with this file

now my problem is to confirm the save button.

mhh, we'll see what i can do here.

thanks a lot for your help

hans

markus_dinkel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Hans,

at the moment there is no existing easy way to retrieve the log data from the eCATT system to an external application.

If you really need that you would have to build e.g. a function module by your own. In the eCATT system the data is stored in various database tables (ECLOG*), the main table is ECLOG_HEAD, the main key is LOGID.

The function module to display logs is ECATT_LOG_DISPLAY.

The function module you tried is for internal eCATT usage only and does something completely different from what you want to achieve.

Best regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

mhh.. this is not very nice...

I don't have a key to write or change functions. Maybe it is possible by ABAP?

If I have an select on a table, will i be able to export this table? Is it possible to export any files to an system?

You wrote, that there is no "easy" way, but, so I understand, there is a way. which way would you propose?

thanks a lot

hans