cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why create Inspection Plan again & again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,

Plz tell me that for a particular material why we have to create Inspection Plan again & again ?Asking this after checking the Group Counter also, it is showing as 2.

In Display mode of Inspection plan (QP03) it shows the creation date & valid up to date.

If the creation date of on inspection plan for a material is 01.01.2009 & in valid upto date we have predefined it to 31.12.9999, then why we need to create Fresh Inspection Plans although we have already created one before.

Already checked by clicking on TaskList/spec. (QA32 - Inspection Lot - Inspection Specification) that if we do not create a new inspection plan then when this button is clicked it displays a message that "No inspection Plan Found."

Second thing which i need to know is that where to define Valid up to date.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found the answer after doing R&D for several days.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wanted to tell that this problem is solved.

After so much R&D i found the answer for the question :-

Why i had to create Inspection lot for a material again & again is that when the store people cancels a lot , that is , System Status in QA32 is LTCA CALC.

When they cancels the lot then everything is cancelled out , that is , Inspection Plan etc.

So this is the reason that when ever new material comes after the lot have been cancelled, then new inspection plan is to be created.

Thanks & Regards,

Vivek Sharma

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

VS,

When Inspection Lot is cancelled, it cannot cancel the Inspection Plan.

Please understand Inspection Plan is Master Data and Inpsection lot created from GR is Transaction data.

So I think when you mentioned in your post why create Inspection plan again and again, I think you are meaning creation of Inspection lot.

Ok..anyway your problem is solved now. Good.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajarao & Prasab,

Everything Checked up (OPEB) its shown as :-

ID - Q1

SP - 1

Task List - Q (Inspection Plan)

Plan Usage - 1 (Production)

Stat - 4 (Released general)

When new Inspection Plan is created , every step is same , that's why i am asking this that if i have already created an Inspection Plan then why is that i have to create a new Inspection plan again & again.

Another Example is :- Material Incoming date is 01.09.2008 & 05.05.2009 .

First Inspection Plan was created with Key Date 01.09.2008 with Group Counter 1.

Second time when the material arrived on 05.05.2009 when using QA32 - Inspection Lot - Insp. Specication - Task List/Spec. it says that " No Inspection Plan Found".

That's why i had to create a new Inspection Plan with Key Date 01.05.2009 & Group Counter 2.

Plz tell me the solution so that i need not create Inspection Plan for the same Material again & again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharma,

For automatic assignment of inspection plan, Please check that particular inspection type have the flags for insp.with task list & automatic assignment in the QM view of material master.(in the inspection setup)

And also please check in OPEB transaction for automatic selection of inspection plans defined or not.

And for any task list type, standard SAP defined valid up to date as 31/12/9999 only.

Regards,

Rajarao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suzy,

The Inspection Plan is created on 01.10.2008. The material have arrived on 15.10.2008.

here we had no problem for it.

After this , the same material arrived on 15.12.2008 , so we had to create a new inspection plan with group counter 2 giving the creation date of Inspection Plan to be 15.12.2008.

Now the same material have arrived on 01.05.2009 & now again we had to create a new Inspection Plan for it with group counter 3 giving the Creation date of the Inspection plan to be 01.05.2009.

So my question is that what is the purpose of defining Valid Up To date in QP01 such as 31.12.9999 as we have to create the Inspection Plans again & again.

Note :- Every Material is checked following the path

QA32 -- LHS selecting Material -- Inspection Lot Button -- Inspection SPecification tab -- Task List/Spec. button.

Every New Inspection Plan is created after verifying it by the above link.

Second thing i want to know is that how & where we can define Valid Up To Date.

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

VlSharma,

There is no need to keep creating Inspection Plan for every GR, there must be some minor problem in the defination of your Inspection Plan.

Can you tell me, when you creating new inspection plan with counter 2 & 3, what way it is different from the previous one? Is there any lotsize change or Vendor change?

Coming to your question of Valid till date, as per standard SAP the default valid tilll date would be 31.12.9999, unless you are using a change number to update your change so that the start of the change number would become the end date of the previous record.

Regards,

Prasobh

suzy_bijnens
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the same screen as where you are pushing the "Task list/spec" button, you need to check the key date. If this date is before the creation date of your inspection plan, you need to change it to a date after the inspection plan creation date. Then push the button "Task list/spec" again and your inspection plan should be assigned correctly

Rgds,

Suzy